Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil in lieu of lotion? page

Balance is offline Senior Member

Coconut oil in lieu of lotion?

Primal Fuel
    Hello friends. I was wondering if any of you use coconut oil instead of conventional lotions. I have begun to use it on my legs and arms when its dry and it seems like a pretty good use of it. I have also used it on my face. I read somewhere I believe on Dr. Mercola's site that you shouldn't put anything on your skin that you wouldn't put in your mouth and eat. This is because you absorb it a lot of things through your skin. With all the alcohols and chemicals they put in conventional lotion I would't want any of that ever being absorbed into my system even if it is only trace amounts. I know some people who are allergic to coconut oil have had allergic rashes to it but for me its been smooth sailing so far. Anybody else use coconut oil in this way?
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I do, and I use it on my toddlers as well. I`m also experimenting with sea buckthorn oil (definitely edible) for my KP.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, yes i do.

when pregnant, i would put about 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil in my bath water and soaked away.

now i just rub it in.

are you using the weleda sea buckthorn? we're looking at that.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have the weleda sea buckthorn oil and lotion. The oil is heavenly, the lotion is good for a light application. I`m also using a sea buckthorn soap, that is hand crafted in my village. It`s awesome.

I`ve been using it for about a week, and my skin is happy for the first time in a long time.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

kewl

Now I Have Fangs is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

I think its far better to use coconut oil than anything else on your skin provided its organic virgin cold pressed. It has antifungal/viral/bacterial properties so is excellent all over your body, i use it every time i get out of the shower because it works, really well.

CHECK THIS OUT: http://www.coconut-connections.com/skin_care.htm

jnmarz30 is offline Member
    I use it in the place of lotion and chapstick. It works really nicely, but I find it's most effective if applied on still-slightly-damp skin right out of the shower. I get tremendously dry hands in the winter and if I let them get really bad, I'll have to spend a day rubbing in the oil very regularly - once every couple of hours or so. But then they'll even out and be great with just a couple applications a day.

I also use it, followed by a dusting of baking soda, in the place of deodorant. It works much better than any of the dozen or so natural deodorant products I paid obscene amounts of money for. And running my just-oiled hands over my hair lightly does a beautiful job of controlling fly-aways.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use it regularly, body, face, hands, feet. Good stuff. Makes for easy packing for traveling with a carry on only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast