Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to feed a Primal/Paleo Baby in 2 steps page

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member

How to feed a Primal/Paleo Baby in 2 steps

Shop Now
    I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

Step 1: Prepare your own meal as normal. In my case: Stew Meat Paleo Stir Fry (no soy)
    Step 2: Give baby a broccoli floret; give baby a chunk of meat; give baby a bath.
    Easy as that, no pureeing necessary even at 9 months old with four teeth.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Heh, that was almost exactly my baby's meal a couple nights ago- we had beef and broccoli. (Mine is 7 mo with no teeth, yet- she's really working hard on those front teeth!)

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    You forgot "hug that beautiful baby!"

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    i think that's awesome!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

hana is offline Junior Member
    beautiful! My 9 month old baby had the exact same thing tonight, he loved it, as usual

I do wonder though what we, primal moms, are to do about snacks for our wee ones. I offer him cheese and avocado, he eats bits here and there but these can be messy to have while he's moving like a monkey throughout the house. I'm trying to find a good snack to have out while he's playing, I guess the primal version of rice puffs, any ideas?

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    I guess I don't really give her snacks like a replacement to Cheerios or anything. She still breastfeeds throughout the day. Eats whatever I'm eating. Sometimes I'll give her an orange or apple slice or even a pickle if she seems hungry in between (but won't sit still long enough to breastfeed)

You can always bake some almond flour "goldfish crackers" if you really want a stand in for Cheerios?

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i was thinking about dehydrated vegetables, maybe that would be dry and snack-y enough? sometimes i want to give my wee one something just to keep him occupied while i'm making dinner or cleaning up in the kitchen. he loves raisins, but of course i don't want to give him many of those (too high in sticky sugar for little developing teeth).

what a beautiful girl.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    It`s amazing what they can eat with little to no teeth! Pureeing is for suckers, clw is totally the way to go!

As for snacks, my kiddos LOVED (still do) frozen veggies. Little diced carrot bits, grated zucchini, bell peppers etc. I would just freeze an assortment on cookie sheets and then throw into ziplocks. Great occupying food! Also frozen berries.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    at 8 mo to one year old, according to my notes, the kid ate as follows:

scrambled eggs and steamed vegetables; steamed vegetables tossed with butter and bacon strips or meat bits; fruit (including apples in slices large enough to hold or the whole apple because that's just how he rolls); cheese on toast (pre-primal, guys!); beans (usually mexican or indian) with steamed veggies; and frozen berries with yogurt. that was his whole day, everything like meals -- not "snacks."

today he has two breakfasts: 1. frozen berries plus yogurt, eggs and bacon, steamed veggies in olive oil or butter; 2. kumara, carrot, onion (or shallot), apple, meat of some kind, and cheddar fried up in some kind of fat (either butter or bacon fat), sometimes another egg too. lunch: today, left over roasted chicken and steamed vegetables with olive oil plus raw vegetables and mayo dip; dinner of roasted chicken (fresh) plus cucumber (his fav) plus steamed veggies (cauliflower and broccoli) with oil. apple and nut butter.

are any of these things "snacks?" i don't know. he eats as many calories as a grown man. it's unbelievable. LOL

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I second the breastmilk as snacks suggestion - but dried veggies (zucchini works especially well) is a good idea too. Apples aren't too messy, and hard cheese, but for the love of god/ddess/es do NOT ever give a kid a banana unattended.

Your baby is SUPER-CUTE, OP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast