Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for cooking eggs page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

My lacto-ovo-vegetarian husband has started eating more eggs after seeing me follow PB. He's not yet convinced enough to start eating meat but tries to eat as low-carb as his vegetarian diet permits him. I usually make him omelettes. I would appreciate recipe ideas and suggestions to make a complete non-breakfast meal out of eggs and veggies.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Oooh, I have a new favorite! Fat Guacamole Devils.

Recipe here: http://inthenightlife.blogspot.com/2009/09/fat-guacamole-devils.html

They're not quite a full meal, I suppose, but they're a generous snack or could serve as a major component of a meal.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

grandma is offline Member

Barbey, that sounds really good.

Maba, fist --- Cool! such a better place than you were a while back! How about quiche or frittata.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Thanks Barbey Girl! Mashing avocados with yolk is a great idea. My husband doesn't like HB eggs mainly because he can't stand the smell of HB yolk. This recipe seems like a great way to mask the smell.

Sir Grandma: Thanks. Yes, it's way better than before. I make quiche often too, forgot to mention that. But I must play with the veggies and make variations so they don't all taste the same. My egg supply is running really low now, have to wait till next Tuesday to get some more, quelle horreur!

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Brown some grass fed ground beef. Cook pastured eggs over easy or sunny side up in coconut oil. Mix the two in a bowl, including the extra beef grease and coconut oil. The liquid egg yoke and cooked whites mix with the other oils and the beef...heaven!

If you feel obligated to have some veggies with every meal throw a couple handfuls of spinach on top and cover for a few minutes to wilt...even better!

Ooh, that sounds yummy! I must remember to thaw some ground beef in the fridge tonight. TH doesn't eat beef but I'll surely try this for myself.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I'm partial to the bacon/avocado omelette myself. Add a little salsa and it's perfection.

janagram is offline Senior Member

my new passion is scrambled eggs with pesto!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Crustless quiche:

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/08/1...quiche-recipe/

(you can do it with just veggies, no bacon or other meat).

One thing I've been doing a lot lately is sauteing some leftover veggies (just about any kind will work) to warm them, and drizzling on a bit of soy sauce, then pouring in some beaten eggs and stirring till they're all cooked (like scrambled eggs).

It makes a sort of "fried rice" thing without the rice. I eat it out of a bowl with chopsticks. hehe.

Also, hard boiled eggs = deviled eggs or egg salad (put egg salad on top of lettuce and eat with a fork, or scoop it up with carrot sticks and celery).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Vick is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Watch Rocky. Just kidding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast