Thread: Correlation Btwn Vit. K2 and Period? page

Imrotu is offline Member

Correlation Btwn Vit. K2 and Period?

Primal Fuel
    Hey all!

I've been going primal for a few weeks now and am taking a D3 1000 IU and K2 90mcg tablet 2x a day.

Today I went to the doctor's to figure out why I've had 3 periods within the time period of a month and a half. The last 2 fall within the range of my starting primal. From browsing the forum, it seems to me that my hormones are just trying to adjust to this change. However my doctor is not sure if it could be a response to the K2 instead.

She suggested stopping the supplements (also taking cod liver oil, but planning on taking more D3 to counteract the A to D ratio of 10:1 later on) and seeing what happens. If my periods stop fluctuating, there is a chance that ridding the K2 could be valid answer in my doctor's eyes instead it of my diet. I really want to prove it's not.

She's definitely in the CW mindset, but there's a chance she might come around since I showed her this site....

'Scuse the rambling, but just wondering if there are any thoughts on the K2?

Thanks!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, but I know nowt about K2!

Hope you get some replies as I'd like to see if it's possible too

Imrotu is offline Member
    Yea, I tried looking up information, but a lot pertained to bone matters rather than blood...

svelting is offline Member
    A couple of other things that might be worth considering:
    1. Are you carrying and losing a fair amount of body fat? Fat is a silo for estrogens. If you're suddenly burning that stored fat, estrogen is being released in your body.
    2. Also, many women who lower their carbohydrate consumption significantly experience changes in their menstrual cycles. Given the intricate interplay of endocrine hormones, it would be surprising if altering the amount of insulin required/produced didn't affect other hormones processes -- estrogen, progesterone, etc.

Imrotu is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svelting View Post
    A couple of other things that might be worth considering:
    1. Are you carrying and losing a fair amount of body fat? Fat is a silo for estrogens. If you're suddenly burning that stored fat, estrogen is being released in your body.
    2. Also, many women who lower their carbohydrate consumption significantly experience changes in their menstrual cycles. Given the intricate interplay of endocrine hormones, it would be surprising if altering the amount of insulin required/produced didn't affect other hormones processes -- estrogen, progesterone, etc.
    Hmm I didn't think of body fat. I guess I'm still stuck in the mindset that I'm skinny, when in reality I'm "skinny fat."
    I have actually lost 4lbs really fast, but didn't view it as anything but my stomach pooch disappearing.

What you're saying makes way more sense than the K2 (lack of) explanation.
    Thanks for the info and definitely looking into it now!