Thread: 30-Day Challenge Journal (adipocyte) page

adipocyte Guest

Primal Fuel

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 36-year-old female, very overweight since childhood, but until recently have been. My blood sugar is now in the pre-diabetic range. I have food allergies to wheat, yeast, soy, sugar, and whey. So I really shouldn't even bother with trying to make non-allergenic breads and stuff. I should just go primal.

So for 30 days, beginning this Sunday (need time to clean the kitchen and grocery shop), I am committed to:

No grains, no beans, no sugars, no dairy

My shopping list:

Beef, buffalo, salmon, turkey, chicken, eggs

Apples, peaches, berries

Coconut oil, olive oil

Avocados, spring mix, carrots, celery, onions, broccoli, green beans, spinach, lemons, grapefruit

Almonds, dried unsweetened fruit

FidgetSpin is offline Junior Member

YOU CAN DO IT!

Now that you're properly motivated, I just have one suggestion- remember that fruits have sugars also (though they don't cause the same glycemic havoc other sugars may) and you can rack up carbs pretty quickly with fruit. Especially dried fruit, where the sugars are concentrated and don't fill you up as quickly. I used to eat a lot of fruit and was surprised how quickly I hit my 100 carb max with them.

Besides that, good luck. We're all pulling for you!

Vick is offline Senior Member

no beans... string beans are ok.

no dairy... no milk. Milk has lactose. Lactose is a sugar... you can have whipping cream and chedar as a limited amount.

I know nothing. I'm no expert. I'm quoting Dr. Jay Wortman.

adipocyte Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi Vick. I'm actually allergic to whey, so I might have some clarified butter, but no whip cream. Cheddar cheese lacks whey, too, I think, but I'm going to just skip all milk products for the first 30 days and then see which I could add in.

Green beans aren't a legume, are they? I planned on eating them. I'm just skipping beans, peanuts, and soy.

And thanks, FidgetSpin! I did think about how dried fruit adds up. I'm away from home about 12 hours a day, and if I don't have something to snack on, I'm going to end up getting a cookie and latte, so I think dried fruit would be better than that.