Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am suddenly in love with my life now page

Pandora Guest

Shop Now

Hi everybody! I've been reading about this way of eating/living for what seems like eons (about 2 years now I think) and I have decided to take the plunge and start living primal. And wow, it wasn't a plunge at all, it's more like emerging from a terrible nightmare!

I have lived in fear of fat for so long. I'm 23 and for 9 years I've gone through every eating disorder and disordered way of eating imaginable. Something snapped in me about a month ago and I've decided to clean up my life. Its still tough, I am currently recovering from bulimia and was recently diagnosed with depression but in just under a month I am doing so much better and I'm determined to beat my depression by just living a full, happy, healthy life. My horrible cycles and cravings are already disappearing. After so long I finally feel...fine. To put it mildly primal living is FREAKING AWESOME. For most of my adolescence and adult life I have been torturing myself to eat like "Hungry-Girl" (aka the bride of franken-food) and believed with every fiber in my being that once i looked like a lolly-pop I'd be attractive and therefore happy. I was never happy eating like that or looking like that though. Only now am I starting to actually know what it is to feel beautiful.

I am absolutely shocked that I can eat this food and not gain weight...but whats cool too is for the first time that's not a priority. I am so grateful I don't have to punish myself on the treadmill for hours. Instead I feel soooo nice after a workout now. I'm no longer freezing my ass off while others are walking around in shorts. I'm no longer hungry after every meal.

Anyway, I'm love it, and I look forward to getting more active in the forums now. Thanks everyone for all the great discussions, I read them daily and it has helped push me over the edge to change.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Pandora! What a great story you have. Stick around and tell use more!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Kebekgirl Guest

Way to go girl!! Good for you...

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum, Pandora. Sounds like you're doing great!

It's funny that you mention Hungry Girl. I don't know why I read those newsletters, because I would never buy anything she writes about! Sort of like not being able to drive past an accident without looking, I guess.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Did Grok have Prozac?

Obviously not. He may have experience fright, grief, hunger, and uncertainty, but I doubt if he or the Mrs. were ever depressed.

I'm not going to be glib about causes and cures, but reducing stress, sunshine, walking, and eating well are all de-depressors.

I know. Been there. Not now.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Pandora! Isn't it great to know you can feel so good?! I used to feel like I was wrapped in a wet wool blanket. You'll find lots of support here.

I noticed my depression and mental mood swings are completely things of the past.

Actually, it's so far gone, I forgot it was even there!

Even my parenting has improved, since I am no longer constantly depressed and screaming about every little thing that upset me :-(

I think that there is indeed an abundance of mental illness in this country due to low fat. Our brains need fat and our hormones suffer from it too.

Congrats girl! That's just too cool!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

See Mark's very recent column: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-a...tidepressants/

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Welcome the village, Sister Pandora!

maba is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the Primal Living Pandora!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast