Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People, and their fear of eggs and beef page

jovigal1959 is offline Junior Member

People, and their fear of eggs and beef

Good day to all!

I have turned to primal eating -- I am lovin' life. I have read alot on this forum...and feel "in the loop" with living primal.

I had a conversation with a very educated person this morning, who swears that red meat is awful, and the only thing that a person should eat is chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables. He totally believes eggs are the devil's food.

I just sat, silent. Any wise verbiage from my favorite tribe?

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    At least this crazy person won't be likely to steal your eggs or steak.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Eggs = chicken, most of the time. I bet he doesn't like the idea of chicken feet either...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

LOL! INDEED! I forgot to mention, in his words: "I am addicted to Diet Coke, and drink it all day..."

He could drop a few pounds, too.

Amazing.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    At least this crazy person won't be likely to steal your eggs or steak.
    Rollin....

I say, hey, more for us.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Well, you can always reference the actual science. Basically, eggs have been pretty thoroughly vindicated, and the meat problem is processed meat, not all red meat in general. Let me know if you would like links to the studies.

But, I usually just say that I've done the research and wouldn't be doing something I didn't believe was safe and healthy, and that I'm happy to answer any specific questions to the best of my ability. I also am very clear that I'm not convinced it is the only path to health, but it is the best thing I've found for me so far.

I've been losing weight for a couple years now (started out obese, now quite healthy), so I get some questions about how I do it. Unfortunately, I've learned that most people don't actually want to hear anything that challenges their views or requires any major changes. Hell, even when I was just counting calories and eating a "balanced" diet people told me it wasn't healthy. *shrugs*
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    You should convince this person to become a vegan.

You should all become vegans.

Vegan serfs raising my grassfed cattle. Vegan chattel.

I promise to be a very kind benevolent totalitarian overlord, I"ll even let you sleep in the hydrofracing run off.

I once tried this thing called: "Diet to go." The diet consists of prepared meals, delivered. When I saw that breakfast was a muffin with PINK icing, I said 'no thanks.'

I would much rather have a few hard boiled eggs....

I don't argue with people. I just listen, respecting what they believe is true. I disconnect when I see their big guts and diet soda proudly displayed in their hand...

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jovigal1959 View Post
    Good day to all!

I have turned to primal eating -- I am lovin' life. I have read alot on this forum...and feel "in the loop" with living primal.

I had a conversation with a very educated person this morning, who swears that red meat is awful, and the only thing that a person should eat is chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables. He totally believes eggs are the devil's food.

I just sat, silent. Any wise verbiage from my favorite tribe?
    To be truly educated and intellegent I think you also have to have an open mind about things. When people are so one sided and against certain things it really limits them.

During the turn of the last century (early 1900s) people ate eggs more commonly, visited the butcher for red meat and poulty, and had full fat milk delivered to their homes. It was also quite common for most people to smoke. But during that time heart disease and cancer was much lower than it is now. Now we eat less eggs, less red meat (most grocery stores don't even have a butcher), smoke less, everything is fat free on store shelves and our rates of heart disease and cancer is higher than ever.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-19-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here are some articles/studies that might help you:

This one is great, because it was on Yahoo! news, but it has a lot of really good advice. Particularly Myth #3 "Red meat causes cancer."
    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatt...lth-diet-myths
    "Yet no study has ever found a direct cause-and-effect relationship between red-meat consumption and cancer. "

"NFU Angered As New Evidence Reveals Link Between Red Meat And Cancer Was Flawed"
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/179259.php

"High-Protein Weight Loss Diets and Purported Adverse Effects: Where is the Evidence?"
    http://www.jissn.com/content/1/1/45

"Meta-analysis of animal fat or animal protein intake and colorectal cancer"
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/20...26838.abstract

From the Meta-Analysis study: "Conclusion: On the basis of the results of this quantitative assessment, the available epidemiologic evidence does not appear to support an independent association between animal fat intake or animal protein intake and colorectal cancer."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast