Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal (mummybeelee) page 4

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't tracked my food here for a few days but it has been pretty much the same

yesterday:
    B: 4 rashers bacon, 1 fried egg, a few sugarsnap peas with balsamic vinegar. 2 mugs coffee

started getting snacky while making truffles with the Lindt choc so had a few macadamias, a chunk of cheese and licked the spoon after making the truffles. Then realised I was actually hungry so had some lunch instead of carrying on snacking:

L: Sardines in peri peri sauce with a sprinkling of grated cheese

D: Beef casserole (made in crockpot with stewing staek, red wine, carrots, neeps, leek & onion) with cabbage fried in butter, ginger, cinnamon & onion powder

Mug of chai with cream before bed.

Today so far has been
    B: Steak fried in butter & spicy seasoning with a fried egg and a few green olives. 2 mugs coffee

A friend called round with some treats for us because all three kids are still sick. She bought videos and home made flapjack for the kids and, because she knows I am "on a diet", she bought a big chunk of smoked salmon for me How sweet is that??! So dinner tonight will be a big salad with smoked salmon. Yummy!!! I am feeling very lucky to have such lovely friends in my life today

I feel much happier with drinks than I was feeling. A couple of mugs of coffee in the morning, water most of the day and a chai or other soothing tea with cream before bed is the general pattern. If I want something a little different, sparkling mineral water hits the spot. I found out the make of tea that I drink at my group and may order a variety pack from there and play around with how they work as iced teas as well http://www.londontea.co.uk/index.php...page=shopindex The soft drink craving has gone after that yucky glass of diet coke and I am enjoying the occasional glass of red wine on a weekend evening.

One think I am finding is that I am having to learn patience. I am used to getting ideas for new foods, making them and enjoying trying them out. I am still getting ideas but I am eating less frequently so I have to wait to try them out! lol! I haven't tried the truffles I made yet as I was full after my dinner last night. It is a weird feeling to know something yummy is sitting there but not gobbling it up just to enjoy the taste. A freeing feeling though

I am also trying to take on board the exercise side of things. I know I am hopeless at sticking to a plan so I have planned my days out and put them into my diary on my phone. That means that every time I pick up my phone (often...my life is on there!) the main screen tells me the exercise plan for the day. It currently looks like:

Monday: yoga or long walk
    Tuesday: Sprints
    Wednesday: LHT
    Thursday: Swimming
    Friday: Walk/rest
    Saturday: LHT
    Sunday: Walk

So..today was sprint day. Getting outside is not going to happen with three kids home sick so I improvised with running on the spot. Reminded me again just how out of shape I am! If it really were Paleo times, I would have no chance of catching anything faster than a tortoise and if we came across a rival clan...I'd be in their stew pot!!
    Ah well, I made a start and no more sprints until next week. Maybe I won't feel quite so much like I am dying by next week

Rest of yesterday was:
    L: small chunk of cheese, a handful of green olives & a couple of my home made choc truffles (yum!) with a mug of lady grey tea with cream
    D: Salad of mixed greens, mini plumb tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, mozzarella and smoked salmon with a spicy olive oil dressing. OMG! That smoked salmon was amazing!

Ended the day with a mug of chai with cream before bed.

Today:
    B: 4 rashers bacon, 1 fried egg, small Clementine, 2 mugs black coffee
    L: Small bowl of left over beef stew with left over mozzarella
    Blueberries & blackberries with coconut milk mixed with cinnamon and a little vanilla essence and a couple of macadamia nuts

I am making pork, apple & mustard burgers for the family for dinner but not feeling very hungry atm. Think I might make mine and save them for later or for breakfast if I don't get to them tonight

Did my LHT (bodyweight) workout. Still pathetically weak but it was an improvement on Saturday. Would possibly have been easier to do squats without a three year old clamped to my leg
    Hubbie came home as I was doing the elevated jack knife press and dared to laugh at me I told him to keep laughing...it will be me laughing when I can do level 8 and run rings round him! lol! For all his laughing, he wouldn't have a go at one himself

Thur food:
    B: Pork, apple & mustard burgers on salad with butter & hot sauce dressing, small tangerine, 2 mugs coffee
    S: Few macadamia nuts
    D: ground beef and bacon in a tomato & pesto sauce on sautéed courgette sticks
    Coconut milk with blueberries & square broken dark choc frozen until slushy (fixed an ice cream craving!), small glass red wine

Fri Food:
    B: Smoked herring cooked with butter with 2 eggs scrambled, 2 mugs coffee
    S: 2 homemade choc truffles
    D: rack of pork ribs, chicken leg, olives & feta cheese, glass red wine
    S: Chicken breast, few olives, chunk cheddar cheese, 2 home made truffles, mug chai with heavy cream

Today:
    B: forgot to eat!
    L: Chicken leg, olives and a little feta cheese, mug coffee
    D: 2 home made pork, apple & mustard burgers with spinach and peppers fried in butter, garlic & hot sauce. Strawberries with melted dark chocolate

I was up very late last night and was craving junk (stress response to a situation I was upset about) but instead had the chicken, olives, cheese and truffles with my chai. Craving was fixed and hunger sated.
    I think because I ate so late last night, I wasn't hungry at all this morning and didn't realise I hadn't eaten or even had anything to drink until my hubbie got in from work just after midday.

The rest of the family were indulging in some of my pre primal favourite foods today and I knew I would find it difficult to resist so planned a treat. Turned out the strawberries with melted dark chocolate were amazing! Feel sorry for the rest of them not realising what they are missing! Noah did share them with me and loved them as well

I had to buy a belt today! My jeans were getting to the point of being a danger in public! lol!

B: 4 rashers bacon, fried egg, tomato, onion & spinach fried in butter, spices & hot sauce. 2 mugs coffee.
    D: 2 Aberdeen Angus burgers served on mixed greens with guacamole, sour cream, salsa and a little grated cheese. Strawberries with dark choc ganache (melted the dark choc with cream & butter and poured it over them)

Dh is pondering going primal. He had the same breakfast as me and has been experimenting with drinks today. He usually has 2 sugars in his coffee so instead has been trying it with cream and is also trying tea to see if he likes that instead. He caved and had his burgers in buns for dinner but I think he will do it eventually. It will just be a gradual thing for him.

I have been sitting here thinking about heading to bed and feeling munchy. I am not hungry...just wanting to eat. The weird thing is that I am not wanting my usual munchy rubbish (crisps, chocolate, biscuits etc) I am wanting chicken, dark choc or bacon! lol! I am not actually hungry though so just enjoying a chai with cream instead

Monday:
    B: Chicken leg, few olives, chunk cheese, 2 mugs coffee
    S: Square dark chocolate
    D: Chicken breast, 4 rashers bacon and spinach fried in butter and spices topped with two bled eggs
    Mug chai with cream

Tuesday:
    B/L: 4 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, handful raw sugar snap peas, 2 mugs coffee
    S: few macadamia nuts
    D: Yellow pepper stuffed with canned salmon, cucumber, onion, sour cream & chilli flakes with a little cheese melted on top. 2 egg omelette made with coconut milk, cinnamon & vanilla and filled with dark choc ganache (melted choc with a little cream and butter) and a few blueberries.

Today:
    B: 2 mugs coffee
    L: Salad greens topped with leftover salmon mix from last night, leftover roast chicken, 2 eggs, couple of cherry tomatoes, sour cream and balsamic vinegar and a mug of lavender tea.
    D: still to be decided but probably roast belly pork & veg (spinach, carrots, leek...and whatever else I find in the fridge!)

I was concerned as to how things would go once I was back into usual work routine like this week where I don't have time to make breakfast in the morning. Getting an ASD child and two others out of the door to school takes constant supervision so to eat properly in the morning, I would have to prep the night before and eat something cold or get up early enough to cook and eat before the kids are up (not ideal as I never feel like eating until I have been awake a few hours). As it happens, I just skipped breakfast and was completely fine until I got home to make lunch. Today I was running my parents' social group and again, didn't have time to eat before leaving the house. I just had a couple of cups of coffee while there and wasn't even tempted by the pancakes, biscuits etc on offer. I wasn't super hungry when I got home but decided to make some lunch as it will be a few hours before I can make time to prep food again. Maybe in a few weeks I will add in a proper IF mid week. It feels like it would be easy to do.

Today I got my first comment about how much weight I have lost and that I am looking really good

B: mug coffee
    L: 4 rashers bacon, cup spinach scrambled with 2 eggs and a little coconut milk
    D: Chicken breast fried with onion, peppers, tinned tomatoes, enchilada spices and cheese. Served over rocket and a spoon of coleslaw.

Tonight I went swimming. On my own. No kids in tow! Woot! That is the first time since I had my first child that I have been to the pool without a child with me. She is ten! lol!
    I was really nervous at first. No idea why. Just doing something different I guess. Doesn't help that I wear glasses and without them I really can't see much so I am semi blind in the pool. Once I started swimming though I loved it
    Swam lots of steady lengths while dodging the rowdy teenagers and the balls they were launching like missiles. Then got extra daring and tried out the steam room before heading for the showers. I am feeling so chilled now! Planning to go once a week while eldest is at her stage stars group. The combo of exercise plus some time completely to myself is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by mummybeelee View Post

So starting stats *cringe* as of 10 Jan 2011

32 year old female
    Height 5' 10"
    Weight 230lbs
    Neck 14.5"
    Belly 46"
    waist 40"
    Hips 48"
    Thighs 26"
    Quote Originally Posted by mummybeelee View Post

I gave in and stepped on the scales and took some measurements today. 216lb! That is 14lb down from my starting weight three weeks ago! Most significantly, my belly is down 4" and my waist 1.5" and 1/2" off my hips as well!

Nearly 5 weeks primal now and I measured/weighed again today.

Today's stats:

Weight 211lb (-19lb total)
    Neck: 14" (-1/2" total)
    Belly: 41" (-5" total)
    Waist: 38" (-2" total)
    Hips: 46" (-2" total)
    Bum: 47" (-1 1/2" total)
    Thighs: 25" (-1" total)

So in 5 weeks I have shed a total of 19lb and 12" !!!

While weight loss isn't my only goal here, and the gains in feeling better, not getting those vile blood sugar crashes, having more energy etc are fab...the loss of body fat and re-composition of my body shape is wonderful! I am beginning to see that being a healthy weight and being fit may be in my future and not just in my past

I have been pondering my attitude to my body this week. When I was younger, I saw my body as almost an enemy, constantly fighting it to get it thinner, get my stomach concave, punishing myself by not eating and self harm, exercising to exhaustion to get thinner not to get stronger. I actually had a very slim, toned nice body but I never ever appreciated it.

In the process of having my children, carrying them to term, birthing them (I am a self confessed birth junkie and totally enjoyed 3 natural births) and breastfeeding, I learnt to appreciate my body for what it could do. I was proud of it's abilities and stopped fighting it. I didn't however take care of it. I took it for-granted, fed it rubbish food, didn't give it exercise and hid the ever expanding waist line under baggy clothes.

Now I can see that I am entering a new relationship with my body. I can nurture it with good food, appropriate exercise and enjoy getting strong and healthy. I can appreciate what it can do and begin to appreciate how it looks again as well. It feels so much healthier!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Those are some great stats! And an even better attitude!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Thanks!

Friday:
    B: 4 rashers bacon, 2 eggs fried in butter, small satsuma. 2 mugs coffee
    D: Steak, onion, tomatoes & mushrooms fried in butter and hot sauce, fried egg. Couple glasses red wine, couple squares dark choc

Saturday:
    B: mug coffee
    L: 5 rashers bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs, salsa, cup spinach stir fried with cream
    D: Ate out at Frankie & Benny's - Large chicken wings in spicy sauce with blue cheese dip, crab salad with chilli dressing, small glass red wine

Sunday:
    Had a very broken night's sleep after being up with a crying/sleepwalking boy and then later up with a kiddo with a stomach bug. Thankfully hubbie let me have a lie in so I could catch up a bit.
    ILs came over so food was a bit random to start the day
    B/L: chunk cheese, couple baby carrots, few macadamia nuts, 2 squares dark choc. 2 mugs coffee
    D: roast chicken leg, broccoli in butter, parsnips roasted in goose fat (yum!!). Few squares dark choc and mug tea with heavy cream.

Last night was the first time we have eaten out since I started eating primal. I had decided I would just order whatever I fancied and try to lean towards mainly meat/veg/salad but gave myself permission to have fried and/or a pud if I wanted one after my main course. In the end, my meal was pretty primal! I am sure there were some dodgy oils and some sugar in the sauces but overall it was pretty good and it was delicious! By the time desert came around, I was more than happy with my glass of wine while everyone else indulged. Really and truly a first for me! I would usually rather have two puddings and skip the savoury courses. It amazes me how my tastes are changing! I also left the restaurant feeling energetic, satisfied and having truly enjoyed every bite of my meal. Such a pleasant change from leaving feeling stuffed and lethargic.

I didn't fit in the workout yesterday so I will do my LHT in a little while. I am actually beginning to look forward to doing it! yay!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast