Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal (mummybeelee) page 2

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, well water, miss it from my growing up in the country years!

It'll be great seeing you around here!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Had an awful night due to my youngest being ill. When his temp hit 104.5 alongside the cough, vomiting, lethargy etc we called NHS24 who ran through their usual list of daft questions like "Is he breathing?" They eventually decided we were OK at home but to call them back if he got worse and go see the GP today. Another round of questions and hoop jumping to get a GP appointment this morning and it turns out he has flu (possibly of the swine variety) but his chest and ears are clear atm (I worry about his chest as he tends to get a chest infection with any illness and we have a family history of asthma) so just to keep giving his inhaler, calpol, lots of fluids etc and back again if he gets worse.

Anyway, all that meant I was up much later than usual bedtime and got about 2 hours sleep altogether <yawn> I managed to resist carby sugary treats which I was strongly craving by 2am and instead had some 85% dark chocolate and a chunk of cheese.

Today was all messed up with doctors appointments and stuff but I have managed to stick to primal despite odd timings and being sooo tired.

B: Coffee with a splash of cream
    L: Leftover roast pork, avocado fried with dessicated coconut, fried egg and a little spoon of applesauce
    Chunk of cheese for desert
    D: Scallops fried in butter, lemon juice and garlic (yum!) with butter-nut squash mashed with butter, cream, nutmeg & cinnamon & broccoli

Not my most outstanding primal day but I am pleased that I haven't given in to the sugar and carb cravings despite being so tired.

Hoping we have a better night tonight but it isn't looking good so far

Argh! Another rough night! He seems to be a bit cooler and more himself today though (managing to get into mischief is a good sign! lol!) so hoping he is heading towards getting better. Unfortunately now Jess has a high temp and is very miserable. He has asthma so am a bit worried about his chest. He also has Aspergers so isn't being very communicative atm. Illness always seems to exacerbate his difficulties.

Late night snack last night was a few almonds and a couple of squares of 85% dark chocolate. Realised it is my TOM which explains my increased appetite and carb cravings the last few days. I am actually quite pleased with having just indulged in chocolate, cheese and nuts. Not the best for weight loss but at least real foods and so so much better than the huge amounts of junk I would have put away pre primal!!

B: Coffee
    L: Bacon, avocado, egg & tomato salad and mug coffee

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Fizzy drinks.... water kefir!!! YUM! I bet it'd love your well water .
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

I'll have to look into the Kefir thing

You need to come visit and then you can try out the well water!!
    Do you walk up to the White Wells? I remember the water from there was lovely! We used to go up there when I was at uni. The Cow and Calf was a popular place for us to visit as well

Quote Originally Posted by mummybeelee View Post
    I'll have to look into the Kefir thing

You need to come visit and then you can try out the well water!!
    Do you walk up to the White Wells? I remember the water from there was lovely! We used to go up there when I was at uni. The Cow and Calf was a popular place for us to visit as well
    Yes I do, often. White Wells and the top tarn, Cow and Calf, Hebers Ghyll, Swastika Stone etc <3.

I do need to come and visit!

My water kefir is doing nicely, I got it from kefirshop.co.uk if you want to have a look at their website.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

I haven't recorded my last few days food in here but it has been much the same..bacon, eggs, steak, salad..yummy! My overall appetite and carb intake were definitely up a bit around my TOM but I went with it and ate primal carbs, plenty of fat and got through it.

I had a really strong craving for baked treats a couple of days back (TOM combined with sleep deprivation due to sick kids) so made some of Batty's Avocado Cocoa rolls. Ingredient list is totally primal so I decided that if I was going to binge on something then these would be it and I would just count them as a meal and move on. Made them..ate one..yummy! Put a heap of them in a bowl, poured cream over and prepared to binge. Three spoonfuls in and I was full, stuffed, couldn't eat another bite! Pre primal, in one of those moods I would have polished off a packet of crisps, several donuts, a bar or two of chocolate and whatever else I could find without even thinking about it. Instead I had a few delicious bites of primal yumminess which was slightly higher carb (mainly due to the banana) than I have been eating and was completely satisfied. Wow! I can't see me making primal baked treats very often but something like these to see me through exhausted, craving days will be perfect!

Another night craving cheap chocolate or sweets, I realised my food intake, especially fat, had probably been quite low that day. It was late, kids finally sleeping and I didn't feel like cooking but didn't want anything non primal so I went and cut myself a little sliver of butter. Sitting nibbling on it and letting it dissolve on my tongue as if it were milk chocolate, I was satisfied after a few nibbles and didn't need the full sliver. A much better idea and far more satisfying than the pre primal pretzels dunked in caramel sauce!

Gave in to wanting a glass of diet coke yesterday, and couldn't drink it. Yuck! Sweet, chemically yuck! grabbed a glass of mineral water instead

I am really enjoying experimenting with my tastes and figuring out what my body needs this way. Sometimes I mess up but it is all an interesting experiment

I gave in and stepped on the scales and took some measurements today. 216lb! That is 14lb down from my starting weight three weeks ago! Most significantly, my belly is down 4" and my waist 1.5" and 1/2" off my hips as well!

More wonderful than the fat loss though is the fact that I feel so good. With the boys so ill, sleep has been a rare commodity this week. Pre primal I would have been on my knees by now. As it is, I am exhausted but not floored. I went out for a bit yesterday to get my hair cut and afterwards nipped to the supermarket. I parked in the first space I saw and walked across the car park instead of parking as close as possible, grabbed a basket instead of a trolley and then carted the shopping back to the car (including the large crate of beer hubbie asked me to pick up). No, it wasn't easy because my body just isn't used to it, but it felt good! And one day it will be easy because my body will be used to it and will be strong!

Oh..and..I have had my TOM without being crippled with back ache and cramps!! Usually the first sign AF is due is crippling back ache but this month..not a twinge! Even though I had to spend a couple of night sleeping on the sofa (best way to keep wheezy kids propped up and where I could see them), I was still fine. I so so hope that is a permanent change!

Decided to get started on the LHT. Getting strong is going to take more than just eating right. So I did the Bodyweight exercises. Started with the easiest of each of the moves and oh my! I am so out of shape. They kicked my butt! Still it is a start and it will get easier...and then I will move up to the next level so it gets hard again! lol! Feels good to have made a start though

Told ya it was good lol . You're doing better than me though, and I've gained 4lbs! My freaky body!

Definately better without the caramel sauce... I made that again recently and I was having so many palpitations afterwards I actually started to get scared! (and I am used to my heart skipping and thumping after I eat things my body doesn't like).

Where is the recipe for those avocado things? They sound great. I made some sugar free banana and walnut muffins yesterday, with coconut flour and ground almonds. They were slightly dry when cold but I ate them with butter. Nice treat with a glass of red wine and a DVD with dh last night .

Harold Whitman

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think the fat is leaving quickly for me atm because I was eating soooo badly before I started PB. The last couple of stone have gone on over quite a short period of time. Plus I haven't really done any CW dieting etc for a very very long time. Although I have put on a lot of fat, gotten very out of shape etc I don't have major allergies, illnesses etc to heal from (that I know of) and haven't put my body through any major stresses other than expecting it to consume vast quantities of rubbish food. I can almost hear my body sighing in relief "Thank goodness she finally got a clue!" lol!

I am not doing better than you...my body is just responding differently because I have a different path to ultimate health and well being. And apart from dealing with sick kids and the usual chaos of parenting (especially parenting kids with additional needs), I don't have major life stresses going on atm. We'll both get to a place of health eventually and we will both stumble at times along the way. And hopefully help to pick each other back up

That caramel sauce is lethal! I am not sure I could eat that now! It is weird how quickly my tastes are changing

The avocado cocoa rolls are here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/avocado-cocoa-rolls/ Really easy to make, yummy and a nice cakey texture.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast