Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Primal journal (mummybeelee) page 12

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, that helps. I don't know why we spend so much, we try to get what is on offer and go for the cheaper options, and we don't buy organic or free range except for eggs, beef mince and chicken legs and thighs which are only a bit more than the regular options. I don't think our Tesco has as much reduced stuff and I even wonder if they charge higher prices because of where we are, like the petrol station does. There section where they sell off older meat and stuff mostly is just packets of deli meat and so on, and the fruit and veg is just yucky squidged and mouldy stuff! There are no cheaper supermarkets unless we drive at least 10 miles which costs a fortune in diesel. I suppose if we had more freezer space there might be somewhere we could go to once a month and stock up on cheaper frozen stuff. Sorry, that just sounds like a big whinge. I am sure we could cut our bill a bit if we really tried but since we both feel so tired and over-pressured already we're understandably reluctant to add extra work and hassle, I find it hard to even think about doing more than our current one visit each to Tesco a week.

I do feel better knowing you're not managing to feed your kids perfect primal food all the time! I get compliments at school for my kids' healthy lunches but I don't feel so good about cheap muesli bars and so on lol.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

ignisdragon is offline Junior Member
    Bee your looking super with your stunning hair Your tips about what you do for your family are really helpful. (I tried giving my kids lettuce tacos last night with bolognese and they ate it , hurrah!!) I don't think we could survive without our lidl in all honesty, the fruit and veg and meat section are superb, in quality and price. (although i do feel guilty about the ethics of buying non british, but thankfully they sell british meat as well now.) It's sounds like you have some super friends, i wish i knew someone who culled deer! Mum and dad live on Isle of Mull, but all the deer seem to go to local restuarants that then charge huge amounts. We grow alot of our veg, and have chickens. In fact my lettuce isn't growing great at the moment as i keep jumping on it every meal now! How are you coping with your sugar binges, is it just going ott with hunny +fruit. Has it coincided with your periods at all? Your still inspiring me phobee, so keep going

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Hey, how's it going blondie?
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thinking of you!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112