Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Primal journal (mummybeelee) page 10

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member
    Back:

PB day 10 003 by mummybeelee, on Flickr
    progress 12 weeks primal 004 by mummybeelee, on Flickr

Face (please note I am sleep deprived and stressed in today's pic hence not looking my best. But...I do now have a chin...rather than 3 of them! lol!!) :

before pics Jan'11 003 by mummybeelee, on Flickr

001 by mummybeelee, on Flickr
    Last edited by mummybeelee; 04-06-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Bee
    Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
    Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
    My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    WOW!!! What an incredible difference for just 12 weeks! Holy crap!

How much have you lost, it looks like about 20kgs!!

I'm very impressed.

Aww thanks Em I have lost 31lbs according to the scales today (half way to what I think my healthy weight will be - obviously dependant on lean mass etc) which is 14kg I think.
    I think I have gained muscle while losing fat though so it looks like a little more than it is. I am definitely firmer all over and stronger than when I started.

My hubbie said last night "You are starting to look a bit better in your clothes now" !!! Honestly that man needs a brain to mouth filter! pmsl! He is right...just so tactless and king of the backhanded compliment! lol!

We took the kids up to the park at the beach on Wednesday night and both hubbie and I noticed a positive change in our energy levels. Instead of sitting on a bench passively watching the kids, we were kicking a football around, playing on the roundabout, chasing the little ones etc. That right there is exactly what I was wanting from this. The health and energy to be an active, fun parent. I am so so happy to see that happening for both of us

After the park, everyone wanted fish and chips so I had a fish and a mug of tea.

Food thursday was:
    B: Black coffee
    L: Pork chop, broccoli with butter and scrambled duck eggs
    D: Steak with a salad (mixed greens, spinach, brie, cherry toms, jalapeņos and EVOO and lemon juice dressing) and sour cream
    Couple glasses red wine

Took the kids out to Spey Bay wildlife centre today with a friend and her kids. Lots of walking and then lunch in the cafe. There were limited choices of sandwiches, toasted paninis or jacket potatoes. I choose a Jacket potato with bacon, prosciutto and brie which came with a pile of salad with balsamic dressing. Plus a black coffee.
    I used to adore the cakes there as they are all home made sponge cakes, brownies etc but I wasn't even tempted today. I was psyching myself up before hand to deal with resisting and in the end it wasn't an issue at all.

I am not hungry at all yet so waiting on making my dinner until I am. Planning lamb mince in Mexican spices over a salad with sour cream, jalapeņos, grated cheese etc

I really need to put some of this energy towards cleaning and tidying my tip of a house. Just not feeling motivated in that direction while the kids are off school and the weather is nice. The mess will still be there when it rains again! lol!
    Bee
    Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
    My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

That's great that you and the hubby are feeling more energetic, it is the best thing to come out of this way of life I reckon.

My house is a tip too, strangely enough my extra energy doesn't seem to be house-related either.

ignisdragon is offline Junior Member
    Oh bee, it looks like you are having a great time being primal. Your body shape is very similar to mine, i seemed to shed quite a bit of my tummy through running, but it seems to have come to a standstill, and i'd love to be able to eat primal and not crave cakes. Right you have inspired me to go read how to live primally

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Bee! WOWEE!!! What a dramatic difference in only 12 weeks! You must feel incredible! It's no surprise to me that you and your husband noticed more energy with the kids in the park.

I completely concur with you on eating out - without being assured of the quality of the ingredients and the exact method by which they are prepared - meals out are just not the treat they once were (and more often than not, they were just the answer to, "I'm way too exhausted to even think about cooking.")

I'm really enjoying your journal - thanks for sharing your experience!

YAY for you for your encouragement of your husband's aunt, while still being thoroughly respectful of her choices.
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Quote Originally Posted by ignisdragon View Post
    Oh bee, it looks like you are having a great time being primal. Your body shape is very similar to mine, i seemed to shed quite a bit of my tummy through running, but it seems to have come to a standstill, and i'd love to be able to eat primal and not crave cakes. Right you have inspired me to go read how to live primally
    It is lovely to "see" you over here I hope you enjoy the primal way of life as much as I am doing! Not craving cakes really is so freeing

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    That's great that you and the hubby are feeling more energetic, it is the best thing to come out of this way of life I reckon.

My house is a tip too, strangely enough my extra energy doesn't seem to be house-related either.
    Yup..house still a tip but we've had a lovely weekend enjoying the unexpected warm and sunny spell. Had a couple of BBQs and spent lots of time outside. It is lovely to see my hubbie making time and effort to enjoy the kids as well.
    I was feeling a bit tense on Sunday evening due to some stuff going on with our best friends. In the past that would have had me head first into cake and chocolate but instead I asked hubbie to keep the kids occupied for half an hour and came inside to do some yoga. He had enough energy after a day outside to play out with the kids, walk the dogs etc and I felt so much better after half an hour of head space and gentle exercise.
    Primal is helping me better meet my own needs in a healthy way and ask for what I need and is also giving my hubbie the resources to be able to give me a little break without grumping at me or the kids. Admittedly, the stuff with our friends is giving him some perspective on appreciating what he has as well but I know without having the extra energy from this way of life, he would struggle to enjoy hanging outside with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Hi Bee! WOWEE!!! What a dramatic difference in only 12 weeks! You must feel incredible! It's no surprise to me that you and your husband noticed more energy with the kids in the park.

I completely concur with you on eating out - without being assured of the quality of the ingredients and the exact method by which they are prepared - meals out are just not the treat they once were (and more often than not, they were just the answer to, "I'm way too exhausted to even think about cooking.")

I'm really enjoying your journal - thanks for sharing your experience!

YAY for you for your encouragement of your husband's aunt, while still being thoroughly respectful of her choices.
    Thank you Aila! The encouragement means a lot to me. Sounds like you are doing pretty amazing with your own primal journey as well!

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a primal restaurant?? This food is so simple to prepare and make tasty I bet it would be a huge success!! I do love having the break for food prep sometimes. And the break from clearing up afterwards! It just spoils it if the food doesn't taste good.

Food wise has been mainly barbecue, salad plus rather too much wine and sangria over the weekend. Last night involved nachos and cheescake. Feeling rather blah today so back on track with bacon, brie, soft boiled eggs, tomatoes and onion with hot sauce for lunch.
    Going to do the PBF in a little while and then plan for dinner is pork chops on the barbie with roasted brussel sprouts, parsnips and broccoli.
    Bee

Your weekend sounds grand and I'm so pleased that things are great with you and the hubby.

I hear you on the 'too much wine' thing. I'm a great one for doing that sometimes.

So I haven't been around the forums as much recently. Just skimming through. The trolling, drama and calorie counting/obsessing just add stress that I don't need and make it a less fun place to hang out. Hopefully it will all blow over soon. Especially if people stop feeding the trolls!!! (or maybe we should keep throwing steak in their direction and hope it makes them feel better?! hee hee!)

But I have still been eating and moving primally. Dealing with quite a bit of (unavoidable) stress atm but trying to find ways to relax (yoga mainly) and get my sleep. Doing the bodyweight workouts a couple of times a week and slowly making progress. I can do a negative pull up now!! Just one but still that is a HUGE improvement!! The weather has been amazing for the time of year here so we've been spending more time outdoors which is lovely.

We had a supermarket pre prepared meal deal thing last week. I picked out the most primal friendly options but within half hour of finishing it I had horrid stomach cramps and felt awful. I had to go to bed! Won't be doing that again!

My weight is still gradually going in the right direction and when I stick to primal foods I have so much energy. Days I have had non primal stuff (like that darn meal deal) I definitely feel a negative effect on my energy and mood.

I have decided to take my hair into my own hands. My hairdresser has been doing a great job with the cut but she won't do the colour as crazy as I want and I have to push her to make the cut a little more edgy. I also can't afford the cost of having it done as regularly as I need to to keep up with the colour at the salon. So I am going to colour it myself. Planning to try a really vibrant red over the colour I currently have (was supposed to be red but went practically blackcurrant and has now faded to a red brown). If that doesn't go as bright as I want it then I'll bleach it and try again. Aiming for a colour something like these http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....C1mLpn3YRaQ%3D or http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li...dkmko1_500.jpg

Then I might take advantage of a groupon deal and ask for a more edgy cut. Maybe something like this new curly hair cut | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Wondering if I am brave enough to ask for this super short cute fringe? haircut curly front | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Adore this style but I think the upkeep would be a lot of work curly asymmetric | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have been thinking a lot about the emotional aspect of losing body fat. For me, I was thin for most of my younger life. I only started gaining weight after having my daughter and settling down. Weight gain also coincided with becoming so much happier. Before having my daughter I was a mess in many ways. Although I was thin, I hated my body, was convinced I was fat, was self harming etc.

I thought about this stuff back in February:
    I have been pondering my attitude to my body this week. When I was younger, I saw my body as almost an enemy, constantly fighting it to get it thinner, get my stomach concave, punishing myself by not eating and self harm, exercising to exhaustion to get thinner not to get stronger. I actually had a very slim, toned nice body but I never ever appreciated it.

In the process of having my children, carrying them to term, birthing them (I am a self confessed birth junkie and totally enjoyed 3 natural births) and breastfeeding, I learnt to appreciate my body for what it could do. I was proud of it's abilities and stopped fighting it. I didn't however take care of it. I took it for-granted, fed it rubbish food, didn't give it exercise and hid the ever expanding waist line under baggy clothes.

Now I can see that I am entering a new relationship with my body. I can nurture it with good food, appropriate exercise and enjoy getting strong and healthy. I can appreciate what it can do and begin to appreciate how it looks again as well. It feels so much healthier!
    But recently I have felt some concern about returning to being slim. Like somehow returning to having a slim body would mean returning to being unhappy. I also find that being fat has a certain protective bonus. I don't have to deal with male attention while dressed in "mummsy" clothes and carrying excess body fat.
    I am working on getting my head back to the space of appreciating and nurturing my body and also remembering the positive things about having a thinner body. The ability to move more easily, being able to wear fun clothes, enjoying being physical with my husband. I think the hair thing goes along with that as well. I used to have my hair all kinds of crazy colours (usually several at once) and wear pretty crazy clothes.
    I need to remember that I can be slim, express myself through my clothes and hair and still enjoy being a mum and wife and enjoy all the joy that brings to my life. My happiness doesn't need to be tied to my body size!
    Bee

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I vote for the first of the colours and the first of the styles. I think they would work beautifully together too.

I can't empathise with the 'scared to be skinny' thing, I've been overweight my whole life practically. My problem is I can't even imagine being slim, I have no frame of reference for that.
    I think that you will be able to balance slimness and happiness at the same time, I mean it's not like any of the things that make you the happy person you are now are going to go away because you get hot.

Oh and I'm so with you on the forum crap at the moment. I'm sticking to the journals so that I can avoid putting my fist through my keyboard.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast