Thread: Sleep ?s page

Cayenne is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hello Fellow Flinstones:

I have gotten a bit leaner over the past month, following PB carb suggestions and IFing, along "Eat Stop Eat," lines.

I have been sleeping significantly less, not intentionally. I have gone from 7-8 hours, down to 5-7, but usually on the lesser end, ie; close to 5-6.

Sometimes, upon awakening, I wish I could sleep more, as I'm a bit groggy, but I am up and get into other things. I actually enjoy the "extra" time.

Any concerns or considerations I should have about this sudden significant reduction in sleep? (I sometimes take a 15-25 minute snooze in my car at work during "lunch". That has really helped with energy management.)

TIA,

Eddie

Eddie,

I think it's OnTheBayou whom experienced this same 'Phenomenom', but he doesn't feel 'groggy', just that he needs less sleep.

I would say that the naps are a great idea, but if you continue to sleep less and still wake up feeling less than refreshed, that maybe you need to look into some supplementation like sleepy herbs. Melatonin, Valerian Root, Magnesium (of course not an herb, but a mineral), Californian Poppy, St. John's Wort. Maybe ease into your bedtime with a routine of tea, a hot bath and a good book?

If you still feel groggy on less sleep, I recommend these, otherwise, if you feel energized, don't worry about it and grok on!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Yes, naps are good.

I've been waking up a few times at night the past couple of weeks (my dog is on a "have to go pee 10 times at night" gig) and I find that it catches up with me in the afternoon and I feel the need to take a snooze. What's also interesting is that even though I was never a bigs "sleep-in on the weekdn" person, with those nightly interruprions Id sleep like a baby for 11-12 hrs streight on the weekend. My body will always let me know when it didn't get enough sleep.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I wake up every morning with no alarm clock around 5:00 (give or take) and feel quite refreshed, as opposed to when I was eating rice/pasta/etc... and waking up quite groggy and lethargic to an alarm at 5:00.

For us northern folk, the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. How did Grok adapt to less sunlight? Or did he just go with the flow and wake up whenever...which isn't possible for me as I'm on a 8-4 work schedule.

I grok, therefore I am.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Valerian's a good sleep aid, so are lemon balm and skullcap. I'd stay away from St John's Wort, though. I know it's got a lot of exposure in mainstream magazines as a sleep aid, but I have no idea why. From personal/professional experience it's a kick-ass kind of herb, not a lull-you-to-sleep herb.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Yes, I am the one who reported needing less sleep on Primal. Still holds true. Sometimes I have a very light nap in the afternoon, but generally not.

I think it safe to say that before the advent of gas and electric lights, all humans pretty much went with the sun. Barring some crisis at hand, I'm sure Grok slept a lot. Naps, too. No 9-5, no graveyard shifts, no electric lights. And don't forget, in a tight little village of Groksters, women would help with other women's children, nursing, etc.

steven.kelly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoclimb View Post
    I wake up every morning with no alarm clock around 5:00 (give or take) and feel quite refreshed, as opposed to when I was eating rice/pasta/etc... and waking up quite groggy and lethargic to an alarm at 5:00.

For us northern folk, the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. How did Grok adapt to less sunlight? Or did he just go with the flow and wake up whenever...which isn't possible for me as I'm on a 8-4 work schedule.
    Yeah I saw, thanks for that

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app