Thread: Dry. Dry. Dry. page

Covo Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey there fellow troglodytes! I've been in the primal way of eating/living for the last 2 months. And only can say WOW! Lost already 18 kilos in that time (39 punds I think) and I'm starting to see my abs, something has never happened before!

All is good and I love the smell of rashers in the morning.

Only one issue tho, for the last few weeks, everytime in the morning when I wake up, I've starting feeling my mouth very dry, and a bit of sleep in my eyes (that matter that accumulates in the eyes).

The parched/dry mouth is very annoying. I drink lots of water so I don't think that is the issue.

Has any of you guys experienced the same? any solution?

anyway, thanks for reading anyway,

cool beans.

Covo the Caveman.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

WOW! I totally experience the same effects. I've noticed it these past couple of weeks (I've only been primal for about 3 months) but I guess I didn't think it could be something I'm eating.

Anyone else?

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

the mattery eyes sound like allergies to me. fall season is upon us so maybe that's it.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I never had allergies before. What about dry mouth?

Wox Guest

I've notice when I drink a lot of tea my mouth is dry in the morning. More water I say to myself.

Katt is offline Senior Member

Ketosis? Too much salt? Tannins in your liquids you drink?

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Covo Guest

Thanks for the answers I don't know about allergies. Never had them!

Katt, is it documented that Ketosis produce the dry feeling? I don't eat much salt anyway and certainly not in my dinners. Also what is Tannins? (google-ing it now!) I pretty much drink water and the odd stout now and then. No sodas, or other drinks.

I believe that it is. In looking for it myself, it is one of the reported side effects. Tannins are acids found in teas and bark and what not. They might cause that, but it doesn't sound like you drink much of them. I'd bet it's ketosis.

Covo Guest

I read somewhere in the web that "Ketosis creates a measurable amount of acetone in the mouth. (Remedial measure: brush teeth and mouth with baking soda, increase water intake, eat vegetables)"

I'm not sure, it may be this. Still I drink lots of water tho. And only happens in the mornings when I wake up. Not on IF days (coming towards the end of a 24h fast).

Or else, I've a little ulcer in my stomach, just discovered and I'm starting the treatment monday. But I doubt this is because the ulcer, apparently the ulcer is been there much longer than this parched feeling.

Yes. I would bet that's it.

http://www.thermoscientific.com/eThermo/CMA/PDFs/Product/productPDF_5874.pdf

Chronic Effects: Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat are the most common problems associated with

chronic exposure to acetone. Dryness, irritation, and inflammation of the skin are also common with repeated

contact.

Since ketosis produces a bit of it, I would expect it would cause dryness in the mouth.