Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conventional vs. alternative cancer treatments page

Martha is offline Senior Member

Conventional vs. alternative cancer treatments

Shop Now
    The conversation actually starts here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ing-off-primal Relocated by request.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Do either of you really think that discussing this level of gory detail is helping Pez any?
    Well, yes actually, I do. Are you suggesting that it is in any cancer patient's best interests to enter treatment unaware of the likely side affects and quality of life issues they will face?

The hard cold fact remains however that is is the only method out there that actually works.
    Cancer is a profit-generating industry. The medical establishment will protect its monetary interests as ferociously as any other profit-making venture -- including, but not limited to lying and falsifying pertinent data about the efficacy of various treatments and drugs, both their own and the alternatives. This is not the only method that works. Remember that this same medical establishment warns us of the dangers of a high fat diet, counsels diabetics to up their carb intake, and has a prescription pad ready for every ailment, when recommending lifestyle changes would be a more appropriate first step that would ultimately achieve better results. Is it really any stretch to question whether their cancer treatments are just so much barbaric quackery, much like blood-letting and frontal lobe lobotomies were in past ages? When one begins to question, one's eyes begin to open.

I am not trying to be a bully…
    Then stop acting like one by insulting the intelligence and motives of those who disagree with you.

…it infuriates me to see desperate people chasing all over the internet after the latest charlatan with the latest brand of snake oil for sale when they could be using their precious time and energy getting some real medical treatment.
    Your characterization of those seeking alternative treatments is just that: YOUR characterization. It is not for you to judge whether someone is wasting time or energy. The time and energy belong to them, not you. Just because you think the search for a viable alternative cancer treatment is fruitless does not mean that others will not reach a different, yet equally reasoned conclusion.

Paleobird Guest
    Is it really THAT important to you to have the last word?

I am hereby opting out of this discussion entirely. On the other thread I was trying to help a fellow cancer patient. Debating you is not worth my time.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    All I had to do to not be a Cancer anymore was to switch to sidereal astrology, as the Earth has wobbled a bit in the past few thousand years and the sun signs no longer line up as they did back then. I'm actually a Gemini, and you know, I can see a lot of myself in a Gemini. Actually I'm right on the cusp so I'm a little of both. Wacky!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird: You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Dr. Burzynski.

I could write five pages, but I'll leave it at the fact that I WAS THERE. Were you??!! And he cured my mother of her skin cancer. Sure, it's not a brain tumor, but it meant a lot to her and my family at the time. If I were ever diagnosed with the big "C," I'd be on a plane back to Houston just as soon as I possibly could. But maybe I'm a fool and a fraud, too, according to you.

You can do what you want with your own body, and I am truly happy that you are doing OK now. It's up to everyone to make an informed decision.

Did Pezerinno ever even SAY he actually has cancer? Not that I noted.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    for me, personally, if i were to have cancer, i would take a multi-faceted approach:

1. hyppocrates institute -- no question. i would be heading there yesterday.

2. looking at my allopathic options -- see what is what, how much time i have before the point of no return, so that i can balance out what my alternative options are and how long i have to try them out and see what is happening.

3. looking at the other alternatives that are out there (such as vitamin C treatment, which was being run through UPenn not long ago, among others), and seeing what "resonates" with me.

the fact is, for me, a multi-discipline approach is best, so long as they aren't working against each other.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    looks like Dr. Burzynski is rocking out, btw. sweet as. good to have another resource.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Not to encourage strife, but I hadn't seen this discussion so am glad it arrived here. Interesting issues.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I'm surprised that Vitamin D3 has not entered into this discussion.

It has been proven by research that people severely deficient in Vitamin D have depressed immune systems. Severely depressed immune systems cannot fight off cancer cells, & diseases of many kinds. Any opportunistic disease can take over our body!
    This file takes about 30 seconds to load, so please be patient:
    http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-vdc030410.php

It has also been PROVEN that Vitamin D3 prevents breast cancers, and is suspected to prevent many other cancers.
    * University of California has proven that Vitamin D prevents breast cancer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ-qekFoi-o
    * Epidemic of Vitamin D Deficiency sweeps the world-Natural News
    http://www.naturalnews.com/z028357_v...eficiency.html

So bottom line, preventing cancers and a multitude of other diseases can be as simple as taking 5,000 to 10,000 IU daily of Vitamin D3 Geltabs.
    "...the T cell must have vitamin D or activation of the cell will cease. If the T cells cannot find enough vitamin D in the blood, they won’t even begin to mobilize, ” University of Oslo.

See my Vitamin D Research Report below for more on the AMAZING Vitamin D3,
    Grizz

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Don't even get me started on conventional cancer treatments. The pharmaceutical industry claims there is no cure for cancer but many of us know otherwise and it's unfortunate that those treatments get branded as snake oil by people who have no experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    Just because you think the search for a viable alternative cancer treatment is fruitless does not mean that others will not reach a different, yet equally reasoned conclusion.
    Exactly. I was told nothing could be done about my kidney disease and I cleared it up in a short space of time through natural means.

People are so brainwashed by the drug companies, it's scary.
    Last edited by StoneAgeQueen; 01-19-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    On the whole, I avoid drugs and watch for patterns that I can establish so I can treat myself accordingly. On the other hand, if I have a full-blown sinus infection, I will take antibiotics. I really don't want the purulent mess anywhere but definitely not in such close proximity to my brain!

When I had cancer, I had it removed and I was nuked. It was an easy cancer, as cancers go (thyroid: papillary carcinoma) but I have blood work regularly (and another full body scan at my five year anniversary) because if it returns, it will be lymphoma.

When I had precancerous cells in my cervix, I had a colposcopy/biopsy and returned every few months for check ups.

Was I sucked into a money making-machine? Perhaps. Should I have ignored everything? No ... I don't think so.

There are numerous reasons to take a multi-pronged approach and, for me, one of the most important is that the patient needs to feel that s/he has some kind of control of her/his environment. So, if you read everything you can get your hands on and feel that you are making an informed decision regarding your own treatment, I do believe that will go a long way to heal yourself, on a cellular level.

When my friends and family are dealing with cancer, I listen more than I speak. When I speak, I usually ask questions as opposed to offer advice. I think people need the answers to their problems be 'their own' before they can feel motivated to proceed. Do I always agree with their treatments? No. Am I the end all in cancer research? ha ha ... of course not ... and if I believe in a doctor or doctors, they're still not the end all so that does not matter. What matters is that the patient is a participant in her/his care so the treatment needs to be within their frame of values. We can help to expand that with education, but we need to be mindful of how the 'facts' are going to mesh with their beliefs or we are going to create more inner conflict, and we all know where unchecked stress leads. People that feel powerless, in even in the face of progress, feel that their lives have lost meaning. When you get there, you are really in trouble ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast