Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Primal Toad page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal: Primal Toad

Shop Now
    It is about time I start a journal here at MDA. It will be interesting to see how many readers I get over the course of the next few weeks and months...

I decided to go primal on April 5, 2010. I made the decision for a clear skin experiment. My skined clered up just about 100%. Everything went perfect for about 5 months or so until stress started to hit me big time. Having no job and little money sucks... I finally got 2 jobs! Yay - working up to 60 hours a week sounds awesome! I did this for about 2 months till January.

During the last 2 months of 2010 my diet was horrendous. I started to binge eat on junk food and stopped caring about what I put in my body. I went to Chicago for the New Year with my good friend since our brothers both live there and had a good time. But, the day I left was AWFUL. I had the worst cramps you could possibly imagine and I literally felt like I may not survive.

I was laying down on my bed and had a scorching pain anytime I moved. I was able to take a nap and I managed to suck up and go to Chicago. I felt crampish for the entire 3 days I was there although I was feeling progressively better as time went on.

This was due to a binge eating episode a night or 2 before.

I decided to partake in the 30 day paleo challenge for the new year but "failed" as I binge ate just a few days ago. I have been meaning to start a journal for months in order to end this and I am 100% certain that I am finally back to the primal/paleo way of eating and living for that matter.

I have a blog that I once posted at every single day until I started to not eat as primal as I did. Starting tomorrow I will be blogging regularly - hopefully daily again soon. I have a full-time job but have everything under control.

I want to help others live this lifestyle and I hope this journal will do just that as well as keep myself on track.

I will be posting what I eat as well as my workouts amongst other things. Check out my blog for other primal stuff including the largest blogroll you will ever come across!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I am starting my primal/paleo journey over today - Tuesday, January 18, 2010. I had a FANTASTIC day eating.

B: 2 scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, 2 grass fed hot dogs, 1 tomato and left over veggies (cabbage, carrots, brussel sprouts)
    L: Big Ass Salad - mixed greens, bell peppers, olives, cucumber, avocado, ground turkey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil
    D: Grilled grass fed hamburgers without the bun... I squirted a little mustard on top and thew on lots of onions and 2 slices of tomato. It was one of the best "hamburgers" I have ever had. Meat has flavor ya know? Green Beans and a few super small potatoes on the side.

I engaged in the 5 primal essential movements for my workout at about 6:30. I do 3 sets of the following...

Push-Ups: 25
    Pull-Ups: 6
    Bodyweight Squats: 35
    Shoulder Press: 6
    Plank: 45 seconds
    Side Plank: 30 seconds each side

I go through each exercise without a break for the first 2 sets and take a very small 10-20 second break between each exercise on the 3rd set if I need it. It just depends on how my body feels!

My warm up varies but only lasts a few minutes. My cool down is the grok hang and grok squat.

Total time is always less than 20 minutes on the actual workout with a 5-10 minute warm-up and cool-down.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    nice job, PT. keep it up
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Todays eating...

B: Grapefruit. Leftover soup with chuck roast (cooked in crockpot earleir), tomatoes celery, carrots, bay leaf, spices. I added shredded coconut and ground turkey.
    L: Big Ass Salad with leftover hamburger, veggies, olive oil, apple cider vinegar
    D: Mahi Mahi baked in butter and seasoning with salsa, almond butter (take spoon and dig in!), 3 very very tiny potatoes, onions. One block of 90% dark chocolate bar.

Exercise - None. I am walking around all day at work and decided to skip exercise.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    wow, 25 pushups! and i'm psyched that i can now do 4...

Keep at it and you will be able to do more and more as time passes! Enjoy the journey!

Eating on January 20

B: 1 Clementine, 2 scrambled Eggs cooked in coconut oil, leftover hamburger, broccoli, 1/2 avocado

L: Big Ass Salad - mixed greens, ground turkey, 5 large mushrooms, baby carrots, shredded coconut, olive oil, balsamic vinegar

D: Lots of part of a rotisseire chicken bought from Costco. Waaay too salty for me! I enjoyed a wing, leg and some breast meat. One sweet potato on the side, about 6 oz of coconut water before the meal. 1 scoop of almond butter and 1 block of dark chocolate for "dessert."

Exercise around 6:30 pm

I did 50 burpees in just over 5 minutes, about 12 pull-ups, 100 squats. It was a very quick 15-20 minute workout with grok squat and hang as my warm up and cool down. I enjoyed Dinner shortly after.

January 21 Meals

B: 6 oz coconut water, Leftover Chicken, sweet potato, small scoop of almond butter

L: We had a potluck at work today since it was someones last day. It was a taco bar and thus I made a salad... lettuce, tomato, guacamole, bell pepper, olives, salsa, ground beef, chicken... I enjoyed a small amount of some dessert that was not at all primal. But, it was little enough to have no effect on me.

D: Smoked Sausage and beef brisket with 2 portions of broccoli at smokey bones. I had 4 blocks of dark chocolate as well which was a bit too much!

I did NOT exercise today... but, again, I move around a lot at work.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    February Whole30

come join
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

I'm in. I should be updating this thread too since I am back on and on for life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast