Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Primal Toad page 3

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh wow -- can't wait to see your report. 11 lbs without trying is pretty cool.

Primal Con --now that's something I need to check out -- would be great to meet some of you guys

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amberlee View Post
    Oh wow -- can't wait to see your report. 11 lbs without trying is pretty cool.

Primal Con --now that's something I need to check out -- would be great to meet some of you guys
    Primal Con was an absolute blast! I am behind on the report but it is on my to do list. My smoothie recipe eBook thats due out on May 8 is a top priority right now!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I have decided to go ahead and post in my journal frequently. I don't want to say on a daily basis because then I will feel obligated to literally post something daily. I will probably have streaks where I post something for 10 straight days and then go 3 days with nothing. Time will tell.

Starting May 1 I will be engaging in 10 challenges that will last the duration of the month. What are these challenges?

1. No alcohol
    2. No TV
    3. Meditate daily for 5 minutes minimum
    4. Visualize daily for 5 minutes minimum
    5. Read a book daily for 30 minutes minimum (currently reading Why We Get Fat!)
    6. Write in my Gratitude Journal daily (I am behind for the first time in a long ass time)
    7. Bulk up as efficiently as possible (LHT daily, whey supplement, chew food, etc.)

Their are 3 more but I can't remember off the top of my head. Tune in later to find out what they are! I will be blogging about these challenges throughout May but not daily. So, check here for my progress.

Is anyone willing to join me?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    You can always post crosslinks to your main blog posts. Could be a good tickler for those of us who tend to hang out here.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Hey Toad, I think I'm gonna join you in 'no alcohol.' I only drink 'socially' in that I'm not the type of person to come home and have a beer or a glass of wine, but lately socially is several times a week!

And I'm also going to try to read for at least 30 min daily (currently working on GCBC, heh), I've fallen out of the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    You can always post crosslinks to your main blog posts. Could be a good tickler for those of us who tend to hang out here.
    I asked Mark about that via e-mail today and am waiting a reply. Do you think its ok for me to post a link to my blog post in this forum now and then? Say 1-3 times per week?

I just don't want to over do it. But, it is obvious that I am doing everything I can to help spread the lifestyle that Mark created. So, I wouldn't see why doing it daily would be much of a problem unless people stated they did not like it.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    Hey Toad, I think I'm gonna join you in 'no alcohol.' I only drink 'socially' in that I'm not the type of person to come home and have a beer or a glass of wine, but lately socially is several times a week!

And I'm also going to try to read for at least 30 min daily (currently working on GCBC, heh), I've fallen out of the habit.
    I am one that can pretty easily drink no alcohol. But, in certain situations it will be a challenge for me. I just want to have the ability to say "no."

I turn 23 on May 11. I will more than likely be in Chicago with my older brother, his best friend and my best friend. We all grew up together and are super close. They are people who don't mind getting drunk once in a while.

In addition, I will be attending a wedding on May 20 in Wisconsin with my family. This presents another challenge. If I get through these 2 times then I am golden for life.

The TV will be a challenge because I live with my parents who watch TV daily. They watch a movie every single damn night. I plan on moving out on June 1. Wow! And, my brother and our friends are huge fans of the NBA Playoffs which are going on right now. If they plan on watching it then I will just have to chill by myself. I do plan on GOING to the Bulls game on Tuesday, May 10 however. That will be sweet. Its better going to a game then watching it on TV.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Other people with outside blogs post links in their journals all the time. I mean, this is your journal and you are describing your journey, your focuses, etc. right? The blog posts just do the same thing in more detail in many ways.

I've also seen people (like Al) reply to regular forum posts with "If you're interested, we had a great discussion about this same topic in my blog. *LINK*"
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Yes, exactly what Jenny said. I agrees.

Metta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post

Starting May 1 I will be engaging in 10 challenges that will last the duration of the month. What are these challenges?

1. No alcohol
    2. No TV
    3. Meditate daily for 5 minutes minimum
    4. Visualize daily for 5 minutes minimum
    5. Read a book daily for 30 minutes minimum (currently reading Why We Get Fat!)
    6. Write in my Gratitude Journal daily (I am behind for the first time in a long ass time)
    7. Bulk up as efficiently as possible (LHT daily, whey supplement, chew food, etc.)
    Man, except for that last one, you are like my male alter-ego. Those are all things that I think about doing every day. Although I've been doing the no-alcohol thing for two weeks already without a cheat. I will totally join you in trying to do all those challenges.

Something kinda cool (that you may already know about) is the mindfulness bell site. I haven't been using it lately, but the way I sometimes use it is to set it to random and then when I'm working at my computer and it goes off, I just do a quick few-breaths meditation. (Like Thich Nhat Hanh said that they did when the telephone rang at the monastery. )

I've never been much on the visualization thing - but I should overcome my resistance and try!

Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    Man, except for that last one, you are like my male alter-ego. Those are all things that I think about doing every day. Although I've been doing the no-alcohol thing for two weeks already without a cheat. I will totally join you in trying to do all those challenges.

Something kinda cool (that you may already know about) is the mindfulness bell site. I haven't been using it lately, but the way I sometimes use it is to set it to random and then when I'm working at my computer and it goes off, I just do a quick few-breaths meditation. (Like Thich Nhat Hanh said that they did when the telephone rang at the monastery. )

I've never been much on the visualization thing - but I should overcome my resistance and try!
    I have NOT heard of Mindfullness Bell Site. That will be another challenge I suppose. I will meditate on my own for 5 minutes a day. But, I will mess around with this as well. Thanks!

I will be posting tomorrow on my blog what the 11 challenges are. My 23rd birthday is on May 11 so I figured I would do 11 challenges total.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast