Thread: Whole Chickens! page

PapaG44 is offline Junior Member

I just received my Ronco Showtime Rotisserie! I've been salivating over late-night infomercials for this for the past ten years. I picked it up off eBay slightly used for ~$40 including shipping. I'm going to be eating rotisserie meat every day! Yesss! Thanks, just wanted to share this with the (primal) world.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Haha, that's awesome! I don't even know how many times I've seen that infomercial. I'll bet it would be a perfect addition to the primal kitchen though, let us know how it goes!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Chunster495 is offline Member

Oh that's right... i totally didn't think of that... would be a perfect way to cook primal meals... "set it and forget it!". I gotta go find me one too!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ooh it makes me think of all the rotisserie meals Stevel Raichlen makes on his grilling show "Primal Grill" (love that title!). Every time he does a rotisserie I drool, but we don't have a rotisserie skewer for our grill, plus it seems like you'd use half a tank of propane using the grill for hours and hours! He did a boneless leg of lamb stuffed with butter and rosemary and drizzled with lemon once, then chicken of course, and a huge beef roast...that's it, it's on my Christmas list. Thanks for the inspiration PapaG!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I pretty much ate an entire chicken last night... small one granted but the whole damn thing. It was glorious

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

That poor lamb! No leg bones! Groan.....

hanna, the heat is so low that very little fuel is used, even if on for hours.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

let me know how it works, I may have to get one, I still wanna try that beer butt chicken on my grill outside...xoxo Darlene

gfly Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Is there a place that collects the fat drippings? Don't let that go to waste