Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "F My Primal Life" page

Primal Fuel

I read some "F My Life" posts when I get time and this one made me wanna vomit:

"Today, my vegetarian housemate cleaned the fridge. He threw away all of the meat in our fridge and made a nice sign stating "Meat is Murder". I was storing roughly $1000 worth of filet mignon steaks and seafood for my sister's wedding. FML".

Anyone have any 'Primal' torture stories of sabotage like this?

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Wow. The police would definitely have to be summoned if that happened in my house.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

So throwing away all that meat is somehow going to bring back the animals to life? My god, I hate vegetarians.

Anyways. My mom, who has mildly high cholesterol levels, told me that I am eating too many eggs and that I should stick to 2 per week. She buys soy milk now, which at 4 dollars a carton is the same price as organic cow's milk. I asked her why doesn't she opt for the latter, and you can guess what her answer was... "Because it has cholesterol." I won't even bother arguing, what the hell will she understand? Cholesterol raises cholesterol, and fats make you fat anyways right? At least she says she's happy with her new diet of bread, fruits, soy milk and some veggies...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Uck! Just the stupid soy milk alone makes me wanna vomit. I tried that in my old CW ways, but couldn&#39;t stomach the taste.

The only anti-Primal thing/ sabotage for me lately, was the sauce that the little old Asian guy put on my beef ribs when I specifically asked for no sauce. I didn&#39;t eat the rice at the Teriyaki place but the sauce on the meat and the sweet (anemic) salad were enough to derail my Primal efforts.

pandapuffs Guest

I&#39;m not about to get into a vegetarian debate on this forum, but I&#39;d just like to note that not all vegetarians (very few, in fact) are like that. I&#39;ve known many vegetarians in my life, as well as several vegan activists, and NONE of them would ever think of doing something like that. Frankly, they just wouldn&#39;t live in that situation if it bothered them so much. Remember that the regular, decent, polite, respectful vegetarians don&#39;t do anything dramatic that makes for a good story. Being a vegetarian is no guarantee that you won&#39;t be an asshole, but neither is any other lifestyle choice.

Anyhoo, last weekend my bf and I went out for brunch, and ignoring the toast is usually easy. But this place, it turns out, uses a delicious local bread that I just adore...sigh. Okay, I had a small piece. Interestingly, it wasn&#39;t nearly as good as I imagined it would be!

klcarbaugh Guest

Yea, I&#39;d call the cops too! :0

No sabotage in this part of the word, but a funny story. (Not to jack the thread)

I was hanging out with some friends downtown and we were talking about foods we like. The conversation started out with donuts because we had just picked some up at a coffee shop (of course, I didn&#39;t eat one). Then we moved on to talking about other delicious foods and I mentioned bacon. One of my overweight friends stopped, put on a sour face and told me that bacon clogs your arteries faster than anything.

I just said, "Really? How do you know for sure?"

I forgot what he said after that but then another friend chimes in and tells me that I can twist data all I want and that everything is up to interpretation. He told me he could give me a study for every one I presented that says the opposite. I suppose that is true, but If I tried to explain how the fat to cholesterol to heart disease connection doesn&#39;t exist in those studies he&#39;d show me, he would treat me just like I would treat a vegetarian that shuns every paper that contradicts their beliefs. I just felt stupid, so I shut up and lost the "argument".

I thought about what I should have said later, and I&#39;ll bet it&#39;d be funny if I said, "I eat my bacon, you eat your donuts, and we&#39;ll just see who dies first."

What would you say?

Isn&#39;t it just that way Katie? Seriously, everytime I run into an idiot (er, I mean a CW wise person/ Lemming), I can&#39;t even slightly try to win the argument, so I shrug and go about my day. Then, I have an conversation with them in my head and I can think of a million brilliant things to say. Seriously, need to search the forum and Mark&#39;s posts and even my favorite Primal blogs and just come up with some great one sentence come-backs. Like Them: "You need Grains!", Me: "Why????".

PrimalPanda, I am seriously not suggesting that all vegetarians or vegans are like this, I just get mad at the "Meat is Murder" idiots.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

And when we tell them that fats are good/grains are bad/etc, we are the ones that come off sounding uneducated on the subject.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

I just smile and say, "Oh, people still believe that propaganda that has absolutely no sound scientific evidence to support it?"

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I&#39;d like to apologize to primalpanda for a mean generalization in this topic. I too know quite a few vegetarians that would never even consider intruding on someone&#39;s life like that.

I work with the girl who is vegetarian and for some reason we always end up having lunches at the same time. For the longest time I used to apologize to her when she would walk into the kitchen and Im eating meat. She always laughed and said that what I&#39;m doing with my diet is none of her business.

But...back to the topic. If someone would destroy my early resource of meat that is worth that much, I think I might just have a heart attack. I worked very, very hard to dish out half a grand to stock up on grass-fed beef and the farmers I bought it from did their very best to offer those cows a very comfortable life and a humane ending to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast