Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I don't understand - why shun nuts?? page 4

Primal Fuel

I'll let someone else chime in here on the scientific 'why's. It's something to do with the 'dairy' aspect.

Take Butter, for example. It's a wonderful fat, BUT, take out the dairy and you're left with pure butter fat (Ghee), which is more optimal for living Primally, since the dairy is absent.

All I know, is that people struggling with weight break free from their plateaus when completely eliminating dairy. :-( Sad, I know.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Eh well there has to be ways to lose weight while still eating cheese.

I'm giving up the nuts for now, the cheese is staying though. At least until I finish the one my mom bought yesterday... about 38 servings. Will be gone in a week. O.O

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

nina_70 Guest

Hmmm...It&#39;s true that for alot of people elminating dairy seems to help break through that plateau, but I have to admit I&#39;m not one of them. I had to go dairy-free for many years (long story) & it never helped my weightloss. Since I started incorporating back raw-milk full-fat dairy it&#39;s actually helped me. The raw products seem to make all the difference for me. And, sticking with *full*-fat.

Of course...you need to watch the carbs w/ dairy...

Dairy-wise I only consume cheese. I understand the carbs on other diary products are a problem, that makes sense, but what I don&#39;t get is why cheese is a culprit...

nina_70 Guest

I do raw cheese, yogurt, butter & bits of raw milk & cream *all* from grass-fed cows

Here&#39;s Mark&#39;s take on cheese if you&#39;re interested:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cheese-unhealthy/

Nina, I&#39;ve heard that as well.

My mom actually just did a &#39;Raw Milk Cleanse&#39;. She swears that it&#39;s good for you and in my research I decided it only seems to be an extreme method for very ill people (which she is).

I am still working on getting her Primal. She was all about it, then said, well, I think cutting things out of your diet makes you imbalanced (this coming from a woman who wouldn&#39;t &#39;break sabboth&#39; on a Saturday or eat pork, then the very next week changes her mind on the whole &#39;deal&#39. Good Lord woman, stick to something!

nina_70 Guest

SassaFrass88 - I sympathize! My mom is very close to being diabetic & she knows carbs become sugar in the body (she&#39;s well-read), but she just won&#39;t cut them out. Despite knowing, she doesn&#39;t want to believe. She keeps telling me that "maybe" if she looses some more weight on her low-fat, high-carb diet her blood sugar will come down. Oh dear...

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Mark sees cheese as only a slight "sin" on the PB, IIRC. Seems about right to me, too. I eat no more than a couple of ounces of sharp white cheddar and about the same of blue cheese, per day, maximum. Sometimes less. The blue cheese (I could mainline that stuff!) is usually in lieu of salad dressings.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

I wasn&#39;t even thinking about the omega 6&#39;s. I have some roasted macs and cashews that I keep around for snacks when I get hungry and something more primal is still cooking (I like a lot of slow cooked food best). I also use almond flour. But I&#39;m going to start taking some fish oils with them now.

Dairy does contain lactose though. It&#39;s still a sugar. I cut back on my cheese consumption, only having a little raw milk goat feta and my pants dropped a whole size in a week.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The amount of lactose in cheese is insignificant! Would make much more sense to cut back on vegetables then

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234