Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dentist Trip -- unexpected results... page 3

Primal Fuel

Mix Xyltol in water and a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide in a glass jar and keep by your toothbrush. Rinse with this every night and morning, then floss, then brush with baking soda.

Your teeth will whiten and the Xylitol keeps the bacteria from eating up your enamel. Flossing after rinsing will push some of the rinse in-between your teeth, for greater effectiveness.

When I went through Dental Assisting college/ school, I found that if you could only choose one, that flossing is more beneficial than brushing. It's true....

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Yep, don't be lazy - floss your teeth. It's one of the best things you can do to improve health. Use an alcohol free mouthwash if you must, but it's not necessary (my dentist doesn't think so, but she's very hot on flossing).

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I flossed today I'll just add that to my morning routine...

Elana Guest

I was cavity-prone for a while and followed lots of tips from my dentist and haven't had one in a few years now. Be careful about adding more tooth brushing. According to my dentist, twice a day is enough. Over-brushing can cause your enamel to wear away.

Also, many foods soften the enamel so if you brush your teeth too soon after eating them (citrus in particular) you can actually do more damage. All the advice about flossing is right on. That seems to have been the one thing that was hurting my tooth health the most. I still struggle with it, but try to do it much more often.

62shelby Guest

My dentist had me get a waterpik back in May, he was worried about inflamed gums and periodontal disease. I use it at the end of each day. early september I went back for a clean and scale and the hygienist was really quick with me and I hardly felt a thing, which is a big change. I used to floss but now I dip my electric brush in mouthwash twice a day or once a week or so use a regular brush with toothpaste, then the waterpik every night, no flossing. its better than flossing for me, anyway.

Acmebike is offline Member

I was told tartar is a mineral deposit sorta deal. Not an indicator of oral health per se. Some people just kick out more than others. My dentist was floored by my tooth enamel healing/thickening. It had been 3 years since my last visit, he had a hard time comparing my 3 year old (pre-Primal) X Rays to my new set (long time Primal now). One cavity healed up, enamel all improved and thicker jaw bone. Zero gum inflammation, but pretty good tartar build up like usual.....

62shelby Guest

acme, thats amazing, you had a cavity heal up and your bone density is thicker! ya, my fiance said the same thing about plaque, he has heart disease in his family so in an effort to minimize all points of weakness I suggested he floss, but the dentist told him his teeth dont collect plaque. I get the mineral calculus (sp?) build up down the back of my teeth at the front, so the waterpik really helps with that.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I had a Waterpik for years, although also not for years. Great oral hygiene aid, I really do believe. Gets out all those particles that brushing and even flossing can't always remove.

I've never flossed. I don't have the patience. I think a Pic is just as good, if not better.

I believe the plaque is a product of the oral bacteria. I've used hydrogen peroxide for years, off and on, for mouthwash. You wanna kill bacteria? That sure does it.

AS the skeleton record shows, our original Paleo diets made for strong teeth, very, very few caries.

BTW, "my" dentist is in Cd. Acuna, Mexico. Across the river from Del Rio, TX. Been there twice, have had excellent work, and saved thousands of dollars between two visits.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

Mix Xyltol in water and a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide in a glass jar and keep by your toothbrush. Rinse with this every night and morning, then floss, then brush with baking soda.</blockquote>

SassaFrass... can you give me amounts? How much of xylitol and peroxide/water? I went out and bought some xylitol because I&#39;m intrigued by this method!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123