Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J's 41st yr's promise to herself: 90/10 PB page

jrherring is offline Senior Member

J's 41st yr's promise to herself: 90/10 PB

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so I turned 41 today. I weigh 218 on a 5'4" frame. Been 50/50 PB for just over a yr. But I'm starting this journal to celebrate my 41st yr and to initiate more of a 90/10 PB ratio.

I did Mark's end of the yr and new year review and plan and came up w/these 3 things for the yr for me:
    g1: every day, at least 30 min walk w/dogs
    g2: every meal, some kind of veggie. veggie volume has to be larger than meat volume.
    g3: some form of body weight exercises daily with scheduled weight lifting 3x during week

Now, if you've read my journal, you know i am king of slack. offer me a beer, i'll more likely take it. and several more. keep junk around the house and i'll gorge on it.

so, no more of that. looking at birthday pics this weekend and i don't recognize myself. it's rather disgusting.

so, with that, at midnight tonight...whole meats, whole veggies, minimal fruits, maximum veggies going forward. i'll work towards saving that 10% for something I really enjoy like a wonderful microbrew.

criticism and support are welcomed.

Thanks
    j
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Jr,
    Your goals sound very doable. I think what might help you stick with them is finding a reason/purpose/impetus for meeting them. I also believe the reason(s) have to be something other than losing weight.

Have you ever tracked, by glucose meter, how the junk found around the house or the beers are affecting you?

Channeling Kuno--You can dooo iitt!!!

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you can do it!

when you say 50/50, what does that mean? like, what is falling in that additional 40% that you normally do? because, part of the goal is just getting out of that, i would think. it's the unspoken goal, really. like, is it normally beer? is it all grains in general? junk foods? sugar? lack of sleep?

getting a picture of where you are now can help us better support you as you go forward -- keeping you honest, seeing what you're eating (and not eating) that can help.

if it helps.

hi there and thanks for the responses.
    on days that i work, my diet is typically 100% pb. eggs, bacon, veggies, a few berries for b-fast, hwc in my coffee. usually skip lunch due to not being hungry. dinner will be a salad, meat, something pb. when i eat this way, my percentages are 50 - 70% fat, 20 or so protein, and well under 10 in carbs. and my calories range from 1200 - 1800.
    my cheats usually start with beer. chips/queso sometimes. my cheats aren't 'terrible' by pb standards but i quickly slip down hill once i either have alcohol or my SO suggest we go out to eat.
    i do a great job of avoiding breads, grains, etc. have the occasional pizza. portion control is an issue as i don't have that switch that says 'you've had enough'.
    please see the second line in my sig line for graphs, menus, etc.

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

RobAnders2K11 is offline Junior Member
    Just do what you think is good for your health, don't stop your routine and eventually you will get something you ever wanted. Its a matter of patience and determination. Best luck on your diet program and will do mine too..

i completely agree that it's a 'how bad do you want it' type of thing. i've wanted this bad enough before and succeeded using CW's training methods. i'm thinking i am wanting it bad enough now...hence starting the new journal for this yr. i need regular swift kicks in the ass, honestly. and a second job to stay out of trouble.

keep yelling at me. and continue to do so regularly.

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

i am thinking i will start this off with a fast...prob 20 or 24 hrs. i had pluckers 'naked' wings last night around 5 and have only had herbal tea and a cough drop since then. (still getting over that hack.) i am about to get out of work at 6, will go for a walk with the dogs, then to bed. will prob get up around 3, walk dogs again, then eat around 5. so that should put me at 24 hrs.
    i am comfortable with fasts so am not worried about performance.
    need groceries.

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

Tuesday 1/19/11

g1: every day, at least 30 min walk w/dogs

about 80 mins total walk today with the hounds
    g2: every meal, some kind of veggie. veggie volume has to be larger than meat volume.
    yeah, ok, not so much for b-fast.
    3 eggs scrambled w/6.5 oz sirloin & tablespoon hwc, 3 slices cucumber, a bite of tomato and hot tea
    g3: some form of body weight exercises daily with scheduled weight lifting 3x during week
    Ran through a mixture of level 1 and 2 in PBF:

date 1/18/2011
    knee pushups 7 / 7
    Pullup assisted 3 / 3
    air Squat 15 / 10
    overhead press not done
    plank (secs) 15 / 10

2 sets of each above. in a couple days, i'll shoot for 3 sets. pullups are HEAVILY assisted with chair. 2 feet on it.

i'll also do at least 20 wall push ups every couple hrs when I take a break.

am already sore from the squats, what the hell. grr.

but, over all feels good. did my 24 hr fast with no issues and no cheats. worked out fasted just fine. was still able to take my time making my b-fast. with this work schedule, i'm sort of falling into the lean gains approach of eating in an 8 hr window then sort of fasting the remaining 16. it works with the schedule and saves me from going to bed with food on my stomach at 0700. so while my calories are low today, 1/18, i'll eat my bas w/steak around 0100 on 1/19...then 16 hrs later i'll eat my b-fast again around 1700 on 1/19. jacked up work schedule right now. on top of that, i lost my desk that i can raise up/down so i can stand.

untitled..jpg
    Last edited by jrherring; 01-19-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

Paleobird Guest
    Hey Jenelle,

Glad to see that you are bucking down and getting serious about this. And you already have your own personal drill instructor. Cool. Do you loan him out to other people who might need a butt kicking sometimes?

I know you can do it. I think the new journal starting fresh was probably a good idea.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hey Jenelle,

Glad to see that you are bucking down and getting serious about this. And you already have your own personal drill instructor. Cool. Do you loan him out to other people who might need a butt kicking sometimes?

I know you can do it. I think the new journal starting fresh was probably a good idea.

Robin
    Thanks and I'll happily share. Sounds like he's got his shit together.

i think starting anew is good. it IS a new yr after all.

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast