Thread: Why? page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

Why?

Primal Fuel
    Why no beans or lentils? And isn't quinoa a seed? Is it because of where it falls on the glycemic index? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Beans and lentils were not eaten prior to agriculture. They also contain anti nutrients, are hard for many people to digest and are high in carbs. Quinoa is VERY HIGH in carbs...

Just sticking with animal products and veggies makes life simple and awesome
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Here are a couple of Mark's blogs on legumes/beans and quinoa:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/beans-legumes-carbs/
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/alter...grains-quinoa/

The comments also have loads of useful info. HTH

Yes! Thank you. Boyfriend who has always been an athlete and is a very "healthy" eater is putting the pressure on. So annoying. We had it out yesterday about the beans and quinoa thing. I finally just told him to shut up and lay off. I'll eat what I want to eat and he can eat what he wants to eat. Just pretend like I'm allergic or don't like it or something. Sheesh!

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzylu View Post
    I finally just told him to shut up and lay off. I'll eat what I want to eat and he can eat what he wants to eat.
    This +10. Your diet, not his. If one of you does most of the cooking, then, yeah, it might be an issue. But if you're doing your own shopping, your own cooking, and your own living, then it's your choice, not his. Diet seems to be the last place that it's socially acceptable for people to get in your business about stuff that doesn't really concern them. I say wave your primal freak flag high and don't resort to appeasement or dishonesty to get him off your back.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He does most of the dinners. But here's the deal... we've ALWAYS eaten whole foods. I've just eliminated something we would have every once in a while. He just doesn't like that there's restriction. He does like, however, that my waist has gotten smaller and my boobs and butt have stayed the same!