Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the entire world should go more primal? page 2

Tarlach is offline Member

Shop Now

Looks like we now have an answer to the lack of meat available on the planet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete....html?ITO=1490

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

@OTB: I am a living, breathing Koan :-D

(One who is ecstatic about being alive, for the most part.)

Catalina is offline Member

Holy crimoly, Tarlach--sci-fi comes to life. . .but the real question is, would you eat that meat?? Would it qualify as real or would it be a frankenfood?

Tarlach is offline Member

I wouldn't touch it. You would have to feed it something and I bet that it is sugar.

As my wife said, "we managed to mess up real meat, how bad would fake meat be"?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I think these "inventions" are conceptual, not real. Personally, I'd rather eat "made" meat than have a diet high in grains.

I "love" that vegetarian justification of grains being necessary due to high population. How's this for a radical concept: Don't breed so much. Nature has its ways of adjusting population to food supply, it is humankind that subverts the natural ways.

As long as we don't go the 'Chinese' way of modifying our population (kill/ abort/ dispose of) every girl. Now, they have a MAJOR issue with the lack of women over there.

I think we try to play God too much and worry our little heads over some pretty 'over-thought' statistics and the like.

God said to multiply and populate the Earth. I did that, within reason of my sanity and income and do not feel ashamed. The Octomom, however, well, she should be shot....

GeriMorgan Guest

We've already populated the Earth, SassaFrass. And whether or not we believe that it's our God-ordained duty to keep the planet populated, just a quick look around (and, yes, consideration of those "pretty statistics") will indicate that the Earth CANNOT sustain continued population growth.

Try to bear in mind that when/if God gave that command, he was talking to two people who had the task of populating the entire Earth (or at least a sizeable portion of it). Now that we have a more-than-sustainable population of 6.5 billion, I think it's time we move on to other priorities - like making sure that the fruit of our womb has a decent planet to live in and a reliable source of food.

I wouldn't want Americans to start killing their daughters any more than you do, but there has to be a compromise. Already we have parents with more kids than they can feed and kids with no parents to feed them. Continued rampant reproduction is not the way back.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ha, Sassa that's a strong opinion I was definitely alluding to the population controls in China with my earlier post, government has no business controlling population in that manner (I know, not that they have to kill their baby girls, they just choose to because "boys are better"). Some people will want a lot of children, but the trend for educated women is definitely to have 0-2 it seems, which is good for families and for the planet in my opinion.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

No, actually, I wasn't responding to your post, actually, so please don't think I was talking in regards to what you said ;-)

I still think that as an 'open-minded' generation, we still try to play 'God' too much, as it were.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I'm all about recycling and keeping my part of keeping this beautiful Earth in tip-top shape, but to throw around the thought of 'keeping your breeding low' is just a stupid thought to me. Sorry!

GeriMorgan Guest

Is there a logical reason why it seems like a bad idea not to reproduce rampantly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast