Thread: Just started out. page

Timgoingprimal is offline Junior Member

Just started out.

Primal Fuel
    I tried the akins diet years ago but find this is alot easier to do so far. I enjoy the nuts, veggies and fruit. My thing is reading from the forums that most of you dont eat fruit is there a reason to this or just a choice? Just wondering because i do love apples and berries.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    To me it is just empty carbs, I'd rather have green veggies. Fruit makes me hungry too.

I do like berries though, the rest is no loss to me. It's all processed almost as much as packaged foods. (Waxed, gassed, cold-stored, picked early, selectively-bred for sweetness, etc)

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    If you like fruit, eat it, worse things are out there for you to eat. If weight loss is a huge concern, you may want to look into limiting how much fruit you eat (too much sugar, not enough nutritional bulk, does drive up hunger quite a bit rather than quiet it down) but, don't stress it, this lifestyle stops being enjoyable when you have to wonder about every morsel of food you plan on eating.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Because it plays havoc with my blood sugar control. I have fruit maybe once a week, tops.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

kitana is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy an apple in the morning because unlike most fruits (which leave me wanting more), I find apples are satisfying and stay that way for awhile. Same with dark berries (and they're so full of antioxidants). However, I try to stay away from anything too sweet (no pineapple, mango, dates, etc) unless it's a special occasion.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Go easy on fruit and nuts, especially at first.

I have berries with cream or whole milk yogurt. Sometimes apples with cheese. (Obviously, this only works if you can digest dairy.)

I probably eat too many nuts. Here is Mark's take on nuts. Some are pretty good, e.g. almonds some pretty bad, e.g. peanuts, which are not nuts.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Timgoingprimal is offline Junior Member

Thank you

Tnks for the information look forward to asking more questions.

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I love fruit but limit it to a rare treat because I try to stay away from sugar, and fruit has too much for me--as had already been posted, I prefer the nutrition (and lower carbs) of veggies.