Thread: What happened to Whole9 (whole30) website? page

Angieh is offline Senior Member

What happened to Whole9 (whole30) website?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

I've been following primal since I read Mark's PB about 9 months ago. I decided over the holidays to follow Whole30 (Melissa and Dallas's site - devotees of Robb Wolf) which meant for me cutting dairy and cutting alcohol and having no cheats for 30 days. I knew my body could use this, and I am hoping to drop a few pounds.

Went on the site tonight to review and print their tough love statement (sort of a pep talk) to find the site gone.

I did a quick google and saw that Robb has had some controversies over branding with CF. I do listen to his podcasts from time to time but was in the dark on all this.

Wondering if some sort of conflict of interest caused their site to be removed.

Does anyone know? Kinda curious...

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, I checked for their Whole 9 site and it loads but the content part of the pages give an error message..

urbansix is offline Member
    Just checked Twitter:

@whole9life
    Please sit tight, as our site is undergoing some additional maintenance. We should have things up and running again soon.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Whole 9 and Robb Wolf are good buddies.

The fallout was between Robb and Crossfit. As I understand it, conflict arose over Robb's questioning of whether the Zone was really best for everyone, and Crossfit decided to stick with Sears rather than question their paradigms. Methinks the usual money and power issues were at play.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I gathered the above impression after the fact, from multiple sources, and may have it skewed.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Whole 9 and Robb Wolf are good buddies.

The fallout was between Robb and Crossfit. As I understand it, conflict arose over Robb's questioning of whether the Zone was really best for everyone, and Crossfit decided to stick with Sears rather than question their paradigms. Methinks the usual money and power issues were at play.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I gathered the above impression after the fact, from multiple sources, and may have it skewed.
    You have a good interpretation of the events. It all came to a head at the black box summit. You can read robb's account of it here:
    http://robbwolf.com/2009/11/24/black-box-summit-part-2/

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Interesting and glad to see that Whole9 is just doing some maintenance. It didn't occur to me to check twitter. After listening to Robb's podcasts for a few months, I'm convinced he knows what he's talking about. I'm eager to read his book and glad to see he just did a very nice review of Mark's book on his site. I'm beginning to view myself as primal/paleo... I keep learning more and more, which is a good thing!

He still talks a ton about CF (and the CF games) on his podcasts, so I was unaware of this rift. Now, did Robb actually start CF, or does anyone know the origin of CF? I'm learning...

Anyway, I'm eager to get back on Whole9 site like I said for a little motivation - they had a great list of No Excuses up, and I'm halfway through Whole30 and it wouldn't hurt to read that again (or print and hang on my fridge).

Thanks for the insight!

cheapo is offline Senior Member
    Site is back up.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angieh View Post
    Interesting and glad to see that Whole9 is just doing some maintenance. It didn't occur to me to check twitter. After listening to Robb's podcasts for a few months, I'm convinced he knows what he's talking about. I'm eager to read his book and glad to see he just did a very nice review of Mark's book on his site. I'm beginning to view myself as primal/paleo... I keep learning more and more, which is a good thing!

He still talks a ton about CF (and the CF games) on his podcasts, so I was unaware of this rift. Now, did Robb actually start CF, or does anyone know the origin of CF? I'm learning...

Anyway, I'm eager to get back on Whole9 site like I said for a little motivation - they had a great list of No Excuses up, and I'm halfway through Whole30 and it wouldn't hurt to read that again (or print and hang on my fridge).

Thanks for the insight!
    Crossfit was the Glassmans' baby, but Robb and Crossfit Norcal (the name at the time) was one of the early boxes. Crossfit has a lot going for it - but I disagree on their nutrition advice (Zone) and their growth acceleration has left quality lagging behind, IMO.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angieh View Post
    Robb's too classy to dwell on the rift. Likewise, he still has a strong following in the Crossfit community so he still addresses them *shrugs*.
    Greg Glassman started CF...