Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice for someone who's not losing.. page 3

Griff is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

chocolatechip: Are you even sure that your weight loss goal is realistic, when you're already that small? I'm totally serious here. According to this site (http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi), which I put your numbers into, your lean body mass is about 90 pounds. If you're going for a medium-range body fat percentage for a healthy woman, that would be around 22% body fat, so that 90 pounds is about 78% of your ideal body weight. That means that your ideal weight is around 115. That's only seven pounds different from your current weight.

This calculator will help you determine an "ideal weight range" - not the best tool, but it might help you decide whether those last seven pounds really need to come off or not. http://www.freeweightloss.com/calculator.html - I put in "female" and your height as you report it, and it gives a range of 98 - 136 pounds. So you're right in the middle of the range. Is it necessary to lose more weight?

And as far as your question: why am I not losing any more? - it may simply be because your body has reached the point at which it's comfortable and stable. Or you may be losing an eighth of a pound a week. The smaller you are, the longer it takes for weight loss to show up.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

maba is offline Senior Member

Griff, I checked your link, the ideal weight for my range is 91-127 (I'm 115-120lbs). I'm just suprised at the wide range. The ideal range on other sites were 96-105. I looked quite plump when I was 127.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I think Griff is right. I honestly can't say I know enough about physiology and weight loss for some last few pounds. Having said that, from what I understand, bodybuilders going into competition avoid all carbs to get that BF down.

As I've said on other threads, I'm no fan of the anorexic Twiggy look on women. Gimme proportional fat, please.

OTB, I'm no fan of the anorexic look either. I don't really care if I see a drop in the numbers but I'd really like to get rid of the flab around my stomach.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

maba, I'm often reading of your rice or other carb intakes which seem pretty high for losing weight, flab on the middle or otherwise.

Or buy the Eades' new book?

halloweenbinge is offline Junior Member

maba, whatever site told you your weight should be 96-105 is way off, as there is a wider range of weight for any height than just 9 lbs, and the general "average" wt for your ht is 5 lbs more than the high end of that range! 103 is considered underweight for 5'2 and 96 is the start of the clinically anorexic range.

MandyGirl77 is offline Junior Member

I'm 5'3" and around april-may I was down to about 115# which I felt was my ideal weight. I didn't look skinny. I looked healthy. I'm now pushing 130# in the past month and I am very chunky looking for me.

When I was about 123# I calculated my bf% and it was around 27%. I could stand to be lower than that but I know that if I gain muscle the lbs could stay the same.

I know that with the amount of weight training I've been doing I have been gaining muscle so I will likely be at about 120 for what I consider ideal. However, I'm trying not to pay attention to numbers anymore. It's more about how my clothes fit and how "lean" I look. There is a big difference between lean and fat looking at the same weight. It's really all about the way in which you view numbers.

mslizzy is offline Junior Member

Thanks, everyone, for sharing.

Mandy, like you, I am not so much about the numbers, but looking and feeling my best (and unfortunately, they are more intertwined than I would like). I felt good even when I was following CW, but I know I can look/feel/be better.

So more fat, fewer carbs (at 35 for the day so far) is the game plan.

MandyGirl77 is offline Junior Member

mslizzy - Awesome. At least we can take our frustrations here and know that we aren't alone in not wanting to give up and make this work for us!

@halloweenbing: I forgot to mention I'm 5'0".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123