Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for someone who's not losing.. page 2

mslizzy is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Why is it always us women? Help us, Carrie!

cc40 is offline Junior Member

With a recent "stall" in weight loss, I added fats, took the carbs down a notch by taking out nuts and cutting dairy in half. Doubled the Coconut oil and bacon fat too. Losing weight again. Fat works wonders.

Jedi is offline Member

track food

WEIGH FOOD

reduce carbs

increase fats

SLEEP well

MandyGirl77 is offline Junior Member

Maba - Oh definitely not, I had ice cream 3 days in a row. I fasted for a little over 24hrs after that and I'm right back on track with my low carb eating.

chocolatechip69 - Love that idea! I think as long as we keep on posting what we are changing up, we should be able to help each other. Honestly, I think it was nuts with me...I still don't understand that being that my calories were the same as when I was eating snacks like popcorn, yogurt and oatmeal but hey, that's what everyone else says. haha

mslizzy - Yes, absolutely. There is no way I'm giving up on this. How could eating natural foods be wrong??

cc40 - Yay! This is exactly what I'm doing. Glad it worked for you!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Yes, Carrie's words of wisdom would be very appropriate here.

I keep my carbs under 50. The only dairy I consume is heavy cream and butter (ocassional small amounts of cheese). I dropped the nuts completely and only have a cup of blueberries each day as my fruit allowance. My fats are averaging 70% on a daily basis. Is it something hormonal maybe?

maba is offline Senior Member

Nuts are my nemesis I used to eat about 3-4 ounces of almonds in a day but I've dropped that to about an ounce or less now.

Why is that with nuts?? They are so good too.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I'm perpetually amazed - well, for three months now - how people are amazed at the lack of weight loss when they don't REALLY know what is going into their mouths. If you don't use Fitday or similar, and a decent scale, you might as well be driving to a distant city w/o a map. Or trying to build a cabinet with a screwdriver and a hammer, but not the right tools.

I see the same names coming up month after month with the same complaint. What's that definition of neurosis??? You know, doing the same thing and expecting different results?

After I started my PB, I plugged a typical pre-PB eating day into Fitday............ohmigod, 4000 calories plus alcohol and 400 grams of carbs! I could have cut that in half and still not lost weight.

Griff and Jedi have it exactly right.

My recent experiments are showing the wisdom of changing eating patterns, and IF. Man, I hate that. But it works. It's gotten me off of my most recent plateau.

OnTheBayou - I completely agree with you. I have been using caloriecount since April. Watching those carb and sugar counts come down, protein and fat go up yet my calories stay the same and I've gained. That is what is driving me crazy...

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

OnTheBayou, oh, come on now. I use a journal as well and it was you who told me the last time to get rid of nuts and dairy. I did!

It's been, what, 3 weeks now? Still nothing. I opted my fat intake and with expetion of that cup of berries every other day or so I don't even really consume any vegetables. I do IF weekly and it's at least 18 hours. So what is my problem?

I don't really have a lot to loose. I'm 5'2" and weight 122lb right now, so that might be one of the reasons it's going so slow. And it's not even my primary concern. I'm just trying to understand why when I was eating CW and consuming quite a bit of refined grains and sugar I was holding the same weight as I do now that I cut all that crap out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast