Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting In Place and other Indoor HIIT ideas page 2

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Jump rope - heh - ya need a bit of practice before ya can use it for HIIT though
    on the plus your coordination will be excellent by the time you can use it to properly torture yourself.
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle C. View Post
    The only thing wrong with sprinting in place is that you're just lifting your legs up and down very fast. When moving, you involve your hams and glutes a whole lot more. In place, it'll be mostly hip flexors. So it's better than nothing, but the real deal is way better.
    Yes, I know... But, like you said - it is better than nothing.

You have NO IDEA how bad I want to move to a place like... Cali... I just have all family and friends here in Michigan. I have lived here my entire life of 22.5 years. But, I want an adventure and warm weather!

Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    sprinting in place? is that like arm pumping to the max?? hahahahah guido style HITT

anyways, you can do hitt on a stationary bike or rower if you have them!
    Haha yeup... I do NOT have a stationary bike or rower. We have a nordic track but that would be tough to do sprints on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    Jump rope - heh - ya need a bit of practice before ya can use it for HIIT though
    on the plus your coordination will be excellent by the time you can use it to properly torture yourself.
    No room to jump rope here.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

bilgeh2o is offline Junior Member
    I ran sprints outside today. 2 below with a strong north wind. I just dressed warm and used a balaclava to cover my nose and mouth. It was also kind of icy but just wore Nike Frees. Can't let winter hold you back.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgeh2o View Post
    I ran sprints outside today. 2 below with a strong north wind. I just dressed warm and used a balaclava to cover my nose and mouth. It was also kind of icy but just wore Nike Frees. Can't let winter hold you back.
    I can admit without a hint of shame that I am a wimp in the cold. *shrug* I could spend all day outside in 110 F, though... and have! Some people are just acclimated to different stuff.

And somehow I read "used a baklava to cover my nose and mouth..." and DEFINATELY thought it was hilarious!
    Little Saiyan

jostle is offline Senior Member
    I don't think anyone has suggested it, but mountain climbers, http://www.exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercise...inClimber.html, would do the trick.
    A variation on the mountain climber that will get your heart racing is put on some cotton socks and do them on carpet. Basically, there is very little friction so you feet just slide back down every time you pull it up. Just pump your legs as fast a you can and it will be hard to even make a few rounds.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I used to not be a wimp in the cold until this past year when my asthma has gotten worse. I really can't do much cardio outside myself so I'm trying to find ways to do cardio/sprints indoors. I may try the mountain climber and see how that works for me as well.
    Georgette

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    How about burpees? I think those are one of the best bodyweight HIIT exercises. Tuck jumps are good too.

Don
    Don is offline Member
    did a quick round of hill sprints in the snow this morning.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Vick, I bet you're a real maniac on the floor.

I can't picture someone running in place without that song in my head.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Tuck jumps, mountain climbers, burpees--all awesome ideas for doing this stuff in small spaces! Thanks folks--love utilizing these kinds of threads--we're in a little upstairs apt as well (although I don't care about doing loud tuck jumps etc as I know I'll be done in 10 mins or less! )
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast