Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Balance? page

JamieBelle is offline Member

Does anyone else use the Smart Balance 50/50 butter/olive oil blend stuff?

I have some left over from before I made this transition and have been using it some, but not often. I looked up the stats on it and compared it to regular butter, and it's really not that different except for a little less saturated fat and a little more polyunsaturated fat, which I know is probably not a good thing.

I probably need to switch back to straight butter.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I can have Real Butter! so naw not gonna have fake stuff...been having fake stuff all my life and I repeat "Now I can have real butter" xoox Darlene

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Gosh, I have that crap in my fridge from before I switched as well. I asked someone here that same question a while ago and the answer was "Hydrogenated Oil".

Hope this helps

I looked at the ingredients last night and did not see "hydrogenated oil" anywhere.

What did you see?

Perhaps something like this one?

INGREDIENTS:

Butter, blend of natural oils (palm fruit and soybean), water, contains less than 2% salt, soybean lecithin, natural flavor, whey, lactic acid, vegetable monoglycerides and sorbitan ester of fatty acids (emulsifiers), vitamin E (DL-ax-tocopherol acetate), vitamin A palmitate, beta-carotene color.

Contains: Milk.

I had a regular omega 3 kind and it did say that. The red flags in the above one would be anything that contains soy and words that you have a hard time pronouncing.

Yeah I know...any ingredient with more than 8 letters is a bad sign. haha.

I'm going to buy some real butter today and throw that stuff out. I used some last night because it was all I had left and wondered if it was acceptable or not. Probably anytime I wonder "is this acceptable" the answer is probably NO. haha

Funny thing, my boyfriend was trying to make a toast couple of days ago and he opened the fridge to look for some butter. He usually has a hard time finding anything in the kitchen because I'm the one who puts everything away

Anyhow, he yelled from the kitchen whether he had anything that even remotely resembles butter so he can spread it on his toast. There were 2 boxes of real butter right in front of him but he didn't notice it and instead reached out for that container of SB way behind everything else in the fridge. I think it's funny how human perception works. We've been eating that crap for so long that he doesn't even recognize what real butter looks like anymore.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I use a clay butter bell if you google you will find them they are from France and they have been storing their butter like that for ages..you pack the top with butter and fill the bottom with cool water and change the water every 3 days, leave it on the counter and the butter is always soft! can't live without my butter bell xoxo Darlene

Griff is offline Senior Member

@chocolatechip: My husband still wants "spreadable butter" which is margarine. He didn't believe that it wasn't butter until I made him read the ingredient list on both packages. He was crushed.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

All one needs to do for spreadable butter is to do what many generations of housewives did. Leave it at room temperature in a butter dish. I do realize that in some places and at some times of the year that isn't possible, but mostly it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast