Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help designing an antheltes paleo diet page

neandertal is offline Member

Help designing an antheltes paleo diet

Shop Now
    Dear Paleo People,

I would like to start paleo first off I am bbing and powerlifting and I do kettles and martial arts.

I need glycogen

My favourite carb source oats are out of the window.

I will be still using dairy like yoghurt, milk and cottage cheese as far as I understand it is more or less in line with Paleo lifestyle although references are pretty sketchy.

I can eat tubers and fruits for carbs as much as I desire though right?

Could you post simple samples of what a diet pow meal etc would look like I usually train weights cardio interval and weights martial arts sometimes 2 a day
    Biotivia
    Transmax
    BioForge
    BioForge Pro Max Phase II
    BioQuench

Rud3d0g is offline Senior Member
    I only do powerlifting with once a week conditioning (sprints - preferable barefoot hill) I train in a fasted state - 12 weeks of doing so should dramatically increase glycogen storage capacity
    anyway PWO:
    I like an apple and a pear washed down with about 40-50G protein powder mixed with about 16 oz almond milk (I'm lactose intolerant)
    I also loosen up a bit on squat and deadlift days and have potatoes or maybe rice later in the day (evil me)
    Last edited by Rud3d0g; 01-16-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: PWO not POW ;D
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    So you're a bodybuilder + powerlifter that also does martial arts and trains with kettlebells? Are you kidding me? I don't believe that you can excel at any of those goals trying to do everything at once. Explain what your focus is and what the goals of your training/diet are. Then give an example of your weekly training schedule.

"I can eat tubers and fruits for carbs as much as I desire though right?"
    Tubers, yes, but huge amounts of fruit probably isn't optimal. I wouldn't suggest eating more than 500g of fruit on a daily basis.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
    So you're a bodybuilder + powerlifter that also does martial arts and trains with kettlebells? Are you kidding me? I don't believe that you can excel at any of those goals trying to do everything at once. Explain what your focus is and what the goals of your training/diet are. Then give an example of your weekly training schedule.

"I can eat tubers and fruits for carbs as much as I desire though right?"
    Tubers, yes, but huge amounts of fruit probably isn't optimal. I wouldn't suggest eating more than 500g of fruit on a daily basis.
    Some people are more fit than others.

-signed by a crossfitting, weight training, jiu jitsu student

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Some people are more fit than others.

-signed by a crossfitting, weight training, jiu jitsu student
    There is a huge difference in the training of bodybuilders/crossfitters/powerlifters/stongman and the end results show that. I do know many that have switched disciplines with much success but the ones that like to WIN focus on the goals for their chosen discipline. Would you prep for a jiu jitsu comp by practicing boxing? they are both combat arts...

When you say you are a powerlifter you are saying that you compete in powerlifting events
    there is a thing called powerbuilding - basically bodybuilding using the big 3 and focusing on strength
    and even if he isn't competing yet I always try to get people over into what I feel is the better discipline (this is my opinion only)
    Last edited by Rud3d0g; 01-16-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    There is a huge difference in the training of bodybuilders/crossfitters/powerlifters/stongman and the end results show that. I do know many that have switched disciplines with much success but the ones that like to WIN focus on their goals for the discipline. Would you prep for jiu jitsu by practicing boxing? they are both combat arts...
    Many jiu jitsu gyms also train in boxing, including my own.

I fail to see how training in crossfit and weight lifting would in any way prevent me from focusing on jiu jitsu or vice versa. If I was body building to get as big and large looking as possible without any consideration for actual performance then yes, things would be different, but I don't think that's what the OP is doing either.

focusing on crossfit, bodybuilding or kettlebells will distract from powerlifting

Quote Originally Posted by Rud3d0g View Post
    focusing on crossfit, bodybuilding or kettlebells will distract from powerlifting
    I suggest ritalin or adderall to help if you are getting distracted between different activities.

edit: my bad, I meant to give a really good answer here to respond to your -excellent- synopsis of why crossfit, bodybuilding, and kettlebells will distract from powerlifting but I got distracted

edit2: holy crap I did it again

edit3: Oops I did it aga... I LIFT THINGS UP AND I PUT THEM DOWN
    Last edited by Rivvin; 01-16-2011 at 11:46 AM.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Nobody has even attempted to answer the guy's question which had nothing to do with his training.
    Answer:
    I don't think anyone can design a paleo diet for you, dude. Eat a ton of natural meats and veggies, get as many carbs as you'll need, from starchy veg mainly but also some fruit. Read some people's journals to get a better idea of how it works - people here tend to be either super-fit or more often are in weight loss mode, so you'll want to figure out who's who. But don't "design a diet" - just go to your farmer's market and buy what is in season and super healthy.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I suggest ritalin or adderall to help if you are getting distracted between different activities.

edit: my bad, I meant to give a really good answer here to respond to your -excellent- synopsis of why crossfit, bodybuilding, and kettlebells will distract from powerlifting but I got distracted

edit2: holy crap I did it again

edit3: Oops I did it aga... I LIFT THINGS UP AND I PUT THEM DOWN
    Rivvin, you started out here as a really helpful and positive dude but are kind of sounding like a troll these days man, all sarcasm and negativity. Not fun or very helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast