Thread: How do I know I'm hungry revisted... page

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member

How do I know I'm hungry revisted...

Just a followup to my earlier post this week about ascertaining hunger when you're used to the hunger/eat/crash cycle common to carb diets. I ate last night around 7...a very nice crockpot stew of pork, sweet potatoes and raisins posted by someone in the recipe section, along with some sauteed zucchini and pine nuts. I wasn't hungry when I woke up this morning and, even though I was going on a short hike, decided to trust my instincts and not eat. Well, due to a "short cut" thst hike ended up taking 3 hours. I noticed that I was gradually becoming hungry, but it wasn't the SOS situation that, with my blood sugar issues, it usually is. This wasn't an experiment I ended to conduct, but it really confirmed for me that this is the way I need to eat.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I agree with you. You shouldn't eat for the sake of eating or because of any regiment. I eat when I am hungry and drink water when I am thirsty. When I used to be on a CW diet I just couldn't wait for my next meal and I was always hungry. Now after some meals I don't even get hungry for 8-10 hours.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What I'm noticing, is that I don't hit that suddenly starving feeling. I gradually get hungry, and even when I'm really, really hungry, I don't have that feeling that I must eat NOW. I am fine waiting and cooking up dinner, instead of feeling like I have to hit a drive-thru and get food into me immediately. This for me is so liberating! Plus even when I'm really, really hungry, I'm not bolting my food. I can take a few bites, enjoy them, catch up on whatever, eat a few more bites, and I can feel my hunger slowly going away. I can stop eating before I feel stuffed. I'm learning what "full" feels like, and that "hungry" is ok too, I won't suddenly have the urge to bolt down everything in sight.