Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you experience noticeable benefits from Vitamin D supplementation?

Do you experience noticeable benefits from Vitamin D supplementation?

Shop Now
    Just curious if the benefits are noticeable (not to minimize the value of the supplement even if they are not).

My mood (off the internet) is generally good and stable.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I noticed a big energy boost.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    My mood (off the internet) is generally good and stable.
    LOL! I like your "off the internet" part.

Have all of you had your Vit. D levels actually tested? I haven't actually tested mine and don't know if I'll have a chance to anytime soon. But seeing that I still have weight to lose, live somewhere that's currently covered in snow, and don't eat oily fish, is it a fairly safe bet that I would benefit from Vit D supplementation?

my skin is no longer dry. i used to have very dry, loose skin on neck, it's gone!!:-) also ridges on my nails seem to disappear. I've been supplementing for two weeks only.

I have noticed no difference. I was tested with my results showing me to be in the adequate but lower range. I then increased my dosage to about 8000 units, but I don't notice any difference still. In fact, I caught a really bad cold and with stuffy head and cough that lasted two weeks. I normally never get sick like that. Not to say that vitamins should protect me more, but I just noticed that difference this year.

I've noticed no real physical differences, so any impacts there have been minimal. However, it's made a huge difference in my mood. Canadian winters suck, and the lack of sunlight usually gets me in the doldrums around mid-December. No such issues for me this winter.

Hell, $8 for 60 days' worth of vitamin D3 capsules is a small price to pay, regardless of any noticeable changes. You have to remember that it's still beneficial, whether you feel any symptoms of those benefits or not.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

For me, D supplementation - even before going Primal - got rid of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Basically it gives me about 4 more months in my productive year.

Shop Now
    My toenails and fingernails seem to be harder and tougher. Could this be from the vitamin D?

Also, I have read in The Perfect Health Diet that if you are supplementing with vitamin D, you should also be supplementing with another vitamin, I think they said K2?