Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you experience noticeable benefits from Vitamin D supplementation? page

Christina* is offline Senior Member

Do you experience noticeable benefits from Vitamin D supplementation?

Shop Now
    Just curious if the benefits are noticeable (not to minimize the value of the supplement even if they are not).

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    My mood (off the internet) is generally good and stable.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I noticed a big energy boost.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    My mood (off the internet) is generally good and stable.
    LOL! I like your "off the internet" part.

Have all of you had your Vit. D levels actually tested? I haven't actually tested mine and don't know if I'll have a chance to anytime soon. But seeing that I still have weight to lose, live somewhere that's currently covered in snow, and don't eat oily fish, is it a fairly safe bet that I would benefit from Vit D supplementation?

nottymoni is offline Junior Member
    my skin is no longer dry. i used to have very dry, loose skin on neck, it's gone!!:-) also ridges on my nails seem to disappear. I've been supplementing for two weeks only.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed no difference. I was tested with my results showing me to be in the adequate but lower range. I then increased my dosage to about 8000 units, but I don't notice any difference still. In fact, I caught a really bad cold and with stuffy head and cough that lasted two weeks. I normally never get sick like that. Not to say that vitamins should protect me more, but I just noticed that difference this year.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed no real physical differences, so any impacts there have been minimal. However, it's made a huge difference in my mood. Canadian winters suck, and the lack of sunlight usually gets me in the doldrums around mid-December. No such issues for me this winter.

Hell, $8 for 60 days' worth of vitamin D3 capsules is a small price to pay, regardless of any noticeable changes. You have to remember that it's still beneficial, whether you feel any symptoms of those benefits or not.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    For me, D supplementation - even before going Primal - got rid of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Basically it gives me about 4 more months in my productive year.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    My toenails and fingernails seem to be harder and tougher. Could this be from the vitamin D?

Also, I have read in The Perfect Health Diet that if you are supplementing with vitamin D, you should also be supplementing with another vitamin, I think they said K2?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast