Thread: Men's Health--Another Crack? page

CurbYourCW Guest

Primal Fuel

Looks like Men's Health is actually starting to come around on the fat issue. It's great to see such a mainstream organization come right out and go as far as to list the BENEFITS of Saturate Fat:

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/saturated_fat/

CurbYourCW Guest

Mark also receives a plug in the comments section!!!

Vick is offline Senior Member

That is a good read. When I first started this life style that was one thing that I mentally wrestled with.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I love Men's Health! I read a little expert in their magazine's latest issue boasting, "THE WORLD'S TASTIEST DIET," which appropriately douted a high-fat, low-carb way of eating and its impact on weight loss. They have much better articles than Women's Health, I think...

Also... http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/eating_to_burn_fat_and_lose_weight/Don_t_Count_Calories.php

"Don't be afraid of fat. Researchers at the City of Hope Medical Center, in Duarte, California, report that men who ate a low-calorie, high-fat diet lost 63 percent more weight in 6 months than those who followed a low-fat plan with the same number of calories. By replacing some of the starches with fat—which takes longer to digest—you'll stay full longer and eat less. Emphasize healthy, unsaturated fats: In the study, the high-fat dieters ate 3 ounces of almonds a day."

maba is offline Senior Member

Excellent article. Thanks CurbYourCW, just mailed it to my dad, sis and hub.

CurbYourCW Guest

NP Maba!

feltsole is offline Junior Member

great article - Thanks!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Very nicely put for those who think fat is a necessary evil. I'll pass it around my co-workers