Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach cramps from wheat? page 2

Griff is offline Senior Member

Annika: Then perhaps you need to get tested for allergies. I'd bet that, like most people, you're allergic to wheat and/or gluten and just didn't know it.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Katt is offline Senior Member

Happens to me as well, just like that. Sometimes I could eat a biscuit and have no trouble, then I'd eat cake and be laid out for hours with those very symptoms.

When you go off them, and try again, I think it's a shock to the digestive system to suddenly introduce something it considers toxic once more.

Many people have these symptoms, but attribute them to something else, like bad seafood, as you did. I finally decided no more and haven't had any more distress. I don't even want to see wheat again for the rest of my life.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

MightyMite is offline Member

Interesting--I've been almost completely off grains of any sort since the beginning of June. Bloating and gas went away, "arthritis" in hands went away, and nasal allergies decreased as well. Last night I had 5 slices of a large pepperoni pizza from Pyzano's (the guy won a Food Network contest for best pizza) and I had NO bad gut or other reaction at all. Well, I am retaining some water this morning due to the sky-high salt content, but nothing else. Everyone is an experiment of one and YMMV.

MightyMite is offline Member

No, posting at ~4 AM PST is not insomnia from the pizza. I get up at 3:30 so I can get to work by 5. Most everyone in my family is an extreme lark--Mom's probably already got a second load of wash going by now.

gazb is offline Junior Member

I used to get indigestion almost every day, and giving up grains cured it completely. Maybe I was mildly gluten intolerant? But then I guess you could say all humans are "grain intolerant"?

Annika is offline Senior Member

A happy update: I ate pizza last night with no ill effects! Maybe the fat was protective, or maybe the whole thing was a coincidence. I will keep track and see if there is any sort of pattern.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I"m scheduled for communal pizza for lunch tomorrow. I'm thinking of bringing my scale, scrape off the cheese and pepperoni, and bring a salad or something.

I'm not afraid of a bit of wheat here and there, but the carbs will kill my weight loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12