Thread: Satiety and weight loss eating Primally page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Satiety and weight loss eating Primally

I've never needed to "lose weight" before, so I thought I'd have to feel a bit hungry while I was dropping my body fat on my 20 net carbs, 1500 calorie "diet." (I generally eat 1700-2000 calories to maintain.)

Well, I did feel hungry in the evenings for the first 8 days of my "diet", but I told my body to eat my belly fat and distracted myself by reading.

Tonight I noticed that I was full after my last meal! In fact, I wasn't very hungry at all today...and my energy level was great!

This makes a lot of sense to me, from what Mark has said about needing fewer calories to feel full when eating a Primal diet.

Now I just have to deal with not feeling deprived while I am on a calorie deficit--and perhaps drop my calories by another 100 and see how I feel...but I'll stay at this level for another week.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great stuff! It's a nice feeling when you realize you can have such fine control over your body and how you want it to function.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)