Thread: Satiety and weight loss eating Primally page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Satiety and weight loss eating Primally

Shop Now
    I've never needed to "lose weight" before, so I thought I'd have to feel a bit hungry while I was dropping my body fat on my 20 net carbs, 1500 calorie "diet." (I generally eat 1700-2000 calories to maintain.)

Well, I did feel hungry in the evenings for the first 8 days of my "diet", but I told my body to eat my belly fat and distracted myself by reading.

Tonight I noticed that I was full after my last meal! In fact, I wasn't very hungry at all today...and my energy level was great!

This makes a lot of sense to me, from what Mark has said about needing fewer calories to feel full when eating a Primal diet.

Now I just have to deal with not feeling deprived while I am on a calorie deficit--and perhaps drop my calories by another 100 and see how I feel...but I'll stay at this level for another week.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Great stuff! It's a nice feeling when you realize you can have such fine control over your body and how you want it to function.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)