Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, HELP! page

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member

Ladies, HELP!

Primal Fuel
    Ugh. I have not had cravings like this since I started Primal almost two years ago. Not even while I was pregnant.

All I want is sweet, tons of it. Don't care the form. BUCKETFULS of sugar.

Yesterday I started my period for the first time since I've had my daughter (nine months postpartum) and holy crap, the cravings! I mean it's bad. I'm tempted to eat a jarful of honey because it's the only sweet thing in the house.

How in the world do you deal? I'm getting a headache from thinking about how to get sugar. Seriously.

maba is offline Senior Member
    Try some cashews. They seem to satisfy my sweet-cravings. Or have some dark chocolate.

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    I blend some frozen blueberries with just enough coconut milk to cover them, a little vanilla, and some shredded coconut in a food processor. Seems to do the trick.
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    2000 mgs of the amino acid glutamine, 3x/day between meals does WONDERS for sugar and carb cravings! If you buy the powder form, taking a dose on your tongue will quickly knock out the sugar craving. It's also great for the brain and the gut lining.

Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    2000 mgs of the amino acid glutamine, 3x/day between meals does WONDERS for sugar and carb cravings! If you buy the powder form, taking a dose on your tongue will quickly knock out the sugar craving. It's also great for the brain and the gut lining.
    Any knowledge if it's okay to consume while breastfeeding?

Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyPixy View Post
    I blend some frozen blueberries with just enough coconut milk to cover them, a little vanilla, and some shredded coconut in a food processor. Seems to do the trick.
    That sounds pretty tasty. Too bad I have no berries in the house. I was trying to do 30 days of just meat and veggies. Oye.

Cashews may work. I LOVE them. I don't have any cashews or dark chocolate in the house right now (and the munchkin will be sleeping soon) so maybe I'll have to make a run tomorrow. Thanks.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thepaleochild View Post
    Any knowledge if it's okay to consume while breastfeeding?
    Yes, it's just an amino acid normally present in the body and food. It's fine to consume during pregnancy.

It may be worth it to consider some carby, paleo appropriate offerings like potato/sweet potato if that doesn't worsen your cravings. it used to for me but now 'just enough' can actually take care of them instead.

~fage yogurt with xylitol
    ~berries and whipped cream made with 1 pt heavy cream and the cold coconut cream from the top of a chilled can of coconut milk (whole foods brand works well for this)
    ~eggs with butter or butter/coconut oil mix

Sometimes for me, though not always, sugar cravings simply mean I need more fat or protein. Other times it really does mean that my body needs essentially a carb refeed.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Dark chocolate kills any sweet craving I have, and especially cycle related cravings.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    I have cravings too. What brand of glutamine do you ladies suggest?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast