Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't shake this hungry feeling page

grendlova is offline Junior Member

can't shake this hungry feeling

Primal Fuel
    A lot of times at the end of a meal, I still feel like I'm hungry. I usually go for nuts to satisfy me at this point.

Plus, after about 2 weeks of strict eating, I am ravenous. I'm getting at least 2000 calories a day, probably more, lots of protein and fat.

is this typical??

thx!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Describe the "meal" you speak of.
    My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Do you get enough sleep? Lack of sleep will drive up ghrelin, the hormone that makes your stomach feel hungry and empty.

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    having the same problem myself, the holiday season was not kind to my eating after several months of crappy eating gaining weight and not sleeping regularly i have been havin the same problem after switching back to primal eating. only thing i find helps is upping the fat content of a meal to silly levels help me feel satisfied. one thing that makes me feel pretty full i make about a lb of stir fry veggies broccoli slaw, broccoli snap peas and carrots and i fry it in about a quarter cup of olive oil then cover it in curry sauce. that with a healthy portion of some kind of meat helps me feel full for a good six to eight hours.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This is normal for me. Some weeks I am ravenous and really eat a ridiculous amount of food. Then I have weeks where I hardly want to eat anything. It all balances out in the end.

Just make sure you are getting plenty of fat with your meals.

keji is offline Junior Member
    If i'm still hungry after a meal, I eat some double cream straight with a spoon... After a few mouthfuls I'm not hungry anymore. Fat is key!

keji is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    Do you get enough sleep? Lack of sleep will drive up ghrelin, the hormone that makes your stomach feel hungry and empty.
    +1

thx for replies.

maybe I could use more fat with meals, although sometimes this gives me a nauseated feeling.

meals: 2 eggs, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, butter for breakfast, sometimes a hotdog too. lunch - big salad with meat and homemade tahini dressing. dinner- meat and veggie. nuts and seeds at end of meals to fill me up.

I wasn't being too strict at one point, eating cheese to fill me up, but now I'm trying to avoid dairy in hopes of eliminating cravings.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ah, my sleep has been way off lately. hopefully the kids will stop having snow days and I can get back in a routine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast