Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Admit It... I'm A "Cheese Eater!" page

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

And I drink heavy cream...

Lots of it in my coffee!!

Ahh!

How not primal of me.

Before you Primalize me into gooey pulp, I've actually thought this through.

When you get milk to a cheese form, it's pretty much eaten up all the lactose, and carbs.

At that "stage" (cheese) is basically flavored animal fat.

Same goes for heavy cream. <---- Hardly any carbs (basically zero) and just animal fat.

I do realize although it has no lactose to speak of, it does contain casein which *can* be bad for some people. But if you&#39;re not eating wheat, or grains, then your GI tract should be pretty healthy, and you should be able to handle casein with no issues.

Hard cheeses also contain K2 and lots of good fat.

And calories! (Which I have a hard time getting enough of sometimes.)

So when I&#39;m low on calories, or I want to spice up a meal. I&#39;ll add some cheese.

Or I&#39;ll be very liberal with my local grass fed heavy cream in my coffee.

What say ye primal people?!

-Sean

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I say hell yeah, once I slim down to where I want to be because if I eat cheese I&#39;ll never get there.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Mark says that these dairy products are "in between." Not purist, but not bad. Often good substitutes for meat, for instance.

Look on his blog for the right thread. He covers it.

I&#39;m with you, for what it&#39;s worth.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I use a touch of cheese (or have a slice for dessert) once or twice a week...and I refuse to feel guilty about it!

FWIW, I&#39;m in a maintatining & strength building place, not a weight-loss one.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Vick is offline Senior Member

I like cheddar. Now that pumpkin season is here I&#39;m looking forward to some nice cooked pumpkin and whipping cream. It&#39;ll be a good low carb dessert.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Mmmmm....cheese. I&#39;m from Wisconsin, can ya blame me?

I love cheese in any shape and form, but like someone on this forum mentioned before, I have to buy very expensive kind that comes in very small packages otherwise there&#39;s no stopping me.

By the way, I&#39;ve seen a few comments about people getting their cream from local farms. I have quite a few dairy farms in my area but no one offers any cream. Do you get it in a raw form?

pandapuffs Guest

I love cheese! I&#39;m picky and a bit broke, though, so I haven&#39;t been indulging much recently. I don&#39;t mind that it&#39;s not strictly Primal, but I&#39;m not a purist

Sean, you&#39;re in Seattle, right? Where do you get your cream? I keep forgetting to investigate when I&#39;m at the Ballard Farmers&#39; Market.

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

Awesome,

It seems most people are cool with the cheese!

chocolatechip,

I don&#39;t get my dairy raw... I did once, and it didn&#39;t taste any better or worse... So, I just decided to get non-homogenized (yet still pasteurized) dairy.

I can get it from my local store, we&#39;ve got some pretty cool places to buy groceries around here.

They stock mostly local, organic, humanely raised animals, grass fed, free range, etc. (I feel very lucky )

-Sean

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

I don&#39;t eat cheese daily and I switched to coconut milk in coffee but I eat it...I have lost close to 13 pds in a month eating it...so as long as my weight don&#39;t stall...................

xoxo Darlene

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

You&#39;ve lost 13 lb eating coconut milk?

I tried CM in coffee a few times and I really hated it. It tasted super-sour to me. I can&#39;t drink coffee black and I can&#39;t give it up just yet, so I&#39;m sticking with half&half or heavy cream for now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast