Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Admit It... I'm A "Cheese Eater!" page 4

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

CC: To me, Ghee tastes a lot like butter, only a little more intense and not as sweet. I actually stopped buying any butter, now that I keep a jar of it

The cool thing is, it's a lot easier to cook with, because it doesn't have the milk solids and won't burn as easily.

I think you'll like it----those old Hindustani guys were pretty smart to think this one up :-D

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

kuno1chi, thank you. I'm gonna go for it. I like the fact that you can heat it to much higher temps without it burning.

Guys, check out this company. This was the stuff I was telling you about. Their ghee looks so good. I've never seen stuff that was so yellow before. I ordered a big jar and I'll let you know how it goes

http://www.pureindianfoods.com/index.shtml

Cheese is the bees knees.

Right now, for weight-loss, I'm keeping it to a once a week 'treat'.

As for cream, I use it in my coffee.

But I still stand by the 'raw' stuff. Boiling milk before you drink it never gives you a pure/ healthy product.

Too bad it's so stinkin' expensive to buy it raw (thank you sooooo much FDA restrictions).

Did you know that the pasteurization method was employed by dairy farmers simply based on the fact that: It is easier to make and distribute more 'bad' product? A raw dairy farmer can only sell you the very best 'non-infected' dairy, whereas a regular dairy can just pasteurize any old milk and sell it off in large batches. Cheaper and easier, not to mention more profitable for the farmer.

Now, it's a "must-do" because people think it's such a necessity to sterilize the final product. No, the udder and containers must be sterile, so that they do not infect the product.

I have a co-worker that remembers the good old day when her whole family was drinking raw milk. She said that studd would sit in their fridge for over a week at a time and mom would give it to them even when it would get a bit sour. No one ever gotten so much as upset stomack from that stuff.

Shine is offline Member

Personally, I would prefer to live in the current era of regulated and restricted food production rather than face the perils of consuming meat and dairy products in the good old unregulated days. (This could be attributed to reading Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" at a young age; the slaughterhouse description still makes my stomach turn.) I suppose it could be argued that if one were to travel far enough back, the need for all regulation would cease as individuals were involved in the production of their own food. Either way, I am not currently involved in the production of my own food and am therefore greatful that there are regulations in place to ensure the safety of what I purchase and consume.

Then again, I don't drink milk so dairy regulations are of little consequence to me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I don't think that's what SassaFrass88 implied when she was talking about raw milk. The problem is that FDA put so MANY regulations and restrictions that it is way more difficult for a farm to even be able to sell raw milk to those who wish to purchase it. As far as I know, there are currently only two farms in WI, where I live, that offer raw milk. Youhave to purchase a share in their cows in order to legally buy it. The owner of one of the farms warned me that even that might be coming to the haul pretty soon because some recent FDA changes in regulations. I just wish that the product was available to those who want it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234