Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Admit It... I'm A "Cheese Eater!" page 3

gazb is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I've cut down a lot on dairy but I still have cheese sometimes. I used to eat a lot of cheap cheese, now I go for fancier stuff and eat less. Favourites are French raw milk Camembert, which is nice and fatty and should be more nutritionally complete due to the rawness, and Greek feta. Cheese certainly isn't a staple for me, but it's good if I don't have time to cook meat or just want a quick snack that's high in fat and protein.

I also enjoy cream in coffee on occasion. I can do black coffee but with cream is so much nicer (and a lot nicer than milk!).

Also I'm not going for weight loss, in fact I'm worried about getting too thin, so dairy's potential weight loss stalling effects are actually kinda appealing to me.

I've read that there's two different types of casein. The common dairy cattle (Fresian / Holstein) milk contains a lot of the "bad" kind (A1 beta casein), whereas Jersey and Guernsey cattle, goat's, and sheep's milk has more of the "good" kind (A2 beta casein). Source: http://www.foodrenegade.com/healthy-cheese-what-to-buy/

Geoff is offline Member

Perhaps it need not be said (especially on this forum), but there's an important difference between eating an organic or "grass fed" natural cheese and eating conventional process "cheeze." Remember Rule #2 (Avoid Poisonous Things), and keep it real.

I have a splash of cream in my coffee and enjoy some real cheese now and then, especially as a flavoring in vegetable dishes (like the squash gratin I had last night). One nice thing about most good cheeses is that they're so flavorful. A little goes a long way.

Covo Guest

I sometimes enjoy a bit of Goat's cheese with my red meat in my dinner, or a bit of Brie with my chicken at lunch. Always small portions. Also I'm not fan at all of black coffee so I need to put some cream with it!

Cheese is a little treat to give up. I'm worried tho about its weight loss stalling issues, so I may give it up for 3 weeks and see what happens. I still need to get down 5 kilos more to be optimal!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

OnTheBayou, I don't think it was the milk. It tastes great on its own as I devoured half a can But it creates a really unpleasant aftertaste in a coffee.

kuno1chi, that's right, I remember now that it was you who were buying small amounts of expensive cheese to make sure you don't overdo it. I like you style

By the way, what is your take on Mascarpone cheese? It tastes like a cross between very thick heavy cream and butter. It has 60 calories per tbls, 6 g of fat, 3.5 of sat fat, 0 carbs and 0 sugar.

I love the way it taste but I'm not sure how primal it is.

JamieBelle is offline Member

I drink my coffee with 1T half and half and 1t of raw organic SUGAR. gasp. One cup a day.

I often put a slice of sharp cheddar cheese in my omelet.

I sometimes have more than one glass of wine.

That's my 20%. lol

Welshcaveman is offline Junior Member

I've started adding in a bit of cheese to my omlette to stave off the boredom - I'm curious why a lot of the posters have said that they are scared of it stalling their weight loss?

It's got protein, fat in more or less equal amounts and very little carbs so - as long as you don't eat a lot of it each day (which can really up your calories quick!), what's the problem? Is it that it's "more-ish" and it's hard to stop at a small amount or is there something about cheese in particular that stops you losing weight?

Thanks in advance.

maba is offline Senior Member

CC69, I completely agree with you. I love CM but somehow it tasted weird and a tad sour in coffee. I have my coffee with raw milk. I eat cheese and yoghurt occasionally, and butter/ghee is my second choice of cooking fat (first being CO).

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

My Tri-Tip steak was looking a little too lean tonight; I cooked it in Ghee and melted some Feta Cheese crumbles on the top.

What more can I say?

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

I like cheese as well but tend to stick to goat cheese where possible. I use butter to cook with too. I prefer the taste to coconut oil.

I have milk in my tea - skimmed at that. It's the only milk I like in tea. I don't even like semi - it tastes too thick and creamy. Makes me gag.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

For someone who never cooked with ghee bedore, how does it taste different from a regular butter? I've had it couple of times on naan bread but couldn't taste the actual flavor without the overpowering spices on the bread.

I found a great brand of ghee online that is all grass-fed and has a deep-yellow color, but I'm not sure if I want to overpay for the shipping and stuff if it's not that much different from bytter.

Thank you for sharing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast