Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Admit It... I'm A "Cheese Eater!" page 2

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

no eating some cheese lol(sorry that came out all wonky)

the coconut milk tastes really good to me in coffee

xoxo

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I'm a cheese eater too. And even though I have lactose intolerance, cheese has never really affected me, so there ya go.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

I... well so far I've gone relatively primal in most of my eating habits, well, not quite up to 80% yet because of weekend eating out and the college life, but getting there... but the one thing I know I won't ever be able to give up, ever, is milk...

I've at least switched from skim to whole, and try to buy grass fed organic from the farmers market when I can afford it, but it's still milk...

So just how bad is it?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Chippers, someone else not long ago reported a bad CM in coffee experience. That can't be with "not old" CM. Try a different brand and place of purchase. Maybe look at expiration dates?

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I eat cheddar and I drink heavy cream. My dairy consumption has been drastically reduced however- survival weeks broke me of my reliance on it for protein. Now I just eat more meat if I need more protein.

I also hate coconut milk. Made multiple attempts with different brands and I think it's just gross.

crunchysue Guest

I've never been a big cheese eater, but I do like a slice of cheddar on my hamburger.

I have an iced latte daily, and lately I've been taking my 16 oz. Kleen Kanteen with 1/2 cup of half & half in it to the coffee shop and having them add 2 shots of espresso and fill it with ice. Sometimes I use cream instead, and occasionally I forget it and order it the normal way.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

As mentioned before, I have a cheese addiction. If I buy a bunch, I will just eat it all; so I just buy little tiny packages (2 to 3 ounces) of something incredible once a week or so for a special treat.

But a few Blue Cheese or Feta crumbles on a salad...

it adds SO much flavor!!!

But that's the only dairy I use now; even my BF puts CM in his tea....

maranne is offline Senior Member

I think nobody should feel guilty for including any kind of food on their diet once in a while providing it doesn't make them feel sick/bad etc.

I eat the odd slice of cheese, have cream in my tea and use butter. Coming from a Central European background with the Alps not far, I do believe my genetic background is solid enough to cope with it. Nobody in my family has ever had any lactose problems and I neither do better nor worse when cutting dairy out of my life. So for the sake of taste...dairy is here to stay ( in gourmet amounts )

M.

Tarlach is offline Member

Well I'm out.

I don't think that dairy consumption is worth the side effects.

I would advise asthmatics and those trying to lose weight to avoid it also.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Katt is offline Senior Member

According to genticists, people from the area you describe, Maranne, have evolved and adapted to drinking milk. They have a gene which does't switch off the lactose tolerance at a certain age, so they are lactose tolerant much later, if not all of their lives.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast