Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnesium Glycinate and sleep

Magnesium Glycinate and sleep

Shop Now
    I took 400mg of Magnesium Glycinate (KAL brand if it matters) last night before bed and I slept like a rock. I even slept in because the wife couldn't wake me. Coincidence, or have others experienced much deeper sleep with a Mg supplement?

I find that I stay asleep longer when I take magnesium before bed. I use Natural Calm, and make it with hot water about an hour before bed. It's soothing to drink and it really seems to be working. Sleep is a tough one for me - I usually wake up in the middle of the night and am unable to get back to sleep. So it's nice to be able to sleep right through until morning.

i sleep way better since taking mag.
    i take 100mg mag citrate and 20mg calcium twice a day.

Very, very common finding.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Yup same for me. Magnesium really helps me with sleeping long and interrupted.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

a lavender epsom salt bath works wonders for the calm down effect!

I just started taking magnesium citrate (NOW brand, 200mg per cap) but haven't noticed this. I take it after lunch around 1:30pm along with vit D and I typically go to bed around 10-11pm but don't usually have problems sleeping. It's been less than a week though so who knows.

I've been taking the Jigsaw magnesium stuff (malate) and have been having very vivid dreams since I started taking it. Still waiting to know for sure if my teeth grinding stopped which was my reason to take it in the first place.

I've been taking 400mg of magnesium a day(combo of magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate and magnesium aspartate) for about a month. I started sleeping more soundly almost immediately and my sleep has continued to improve.
    Start weight 403 09/29/2010
    Current weight 335
    On my way to becoming half the man I used to be...

Learn More
    Gah! I got the report from my SO that I was STILL GRINDING! I wish I can be mouthguard free!