Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronic...weight training?! page

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Ok so there are alot of comments about how bad chronic cardio is, but what about chronic weight training? Can we train full-body daily? Construction workers do, sorta, right?

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

There's always such a thing as over training

Gotta give them muscles some rest man

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Oh my, I wouldn't even dare weight train every day. My muscles are so sore the next day, I end up doing weights every 3rd day.

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

I just lift heavy 3x a week

Plus a circuit 1 day a week

Doing more than 4x a week is a bit harsh on your body, plus muscle growth needs recovery time or it ain't happening since lifting is essentially breaking your muscles, then you need to recover so they can grow bigger

one_eye_mike Guest

You don't want to work the same muscle group more then once every

seven days. Your muscles need time to repair the micro-tears resistance

traning creates.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Raises cortisol levels. Not good.

Max L Guest

Crossfit does 3 days on and 1 off. this isn't strength training per se but it does involve lifting heavy weights. Most Power Lifting and Olympic Lifting programs advocate several rest days a week.

Rest and be lazy sometimes

Vick is offline Senior Member

If you can lift a heavier weight the next time you are in the gym, you are not over training. If you can't... you are. You need time to release the toxins created by the heavy work out so your muscles can heal and grow.

Straia only works one body group per month. That is the result of intense lifting.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

Whoa, thank you all for the comments...unfortunately I should've logged in earlier... trained again...I realize I have a 24 hour gap between workouts...still not enough time to recover I guess? I also drink 5 gallons+ of water a day, doesn't that help with ketone utilization?

I also read studies that says high-fat diets increase skeletal muscle mitochondria...maybe I'm using fat?

http://www.pnas.org/content/105/22/7815.short

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/1164.2

I'm gonna lock the weight room starting tom...

JamieBelle is offline Member

I would say five gallons of water a day is excessive and perhaps harmful...though I don't have any research to back it up.

I train my entire body (1 exercise per muscle group) three times per week, then on the days in between (2) I do some cardio for 30 min. Then I take two complete days off (Sat and Sun) before starting again.

I am completing the program from "Sculpting Her Body Perfect". It is basically a 9-month long program (at least) that moves you from body conditioning to body sculpting. I'm still at the beginning, about one month in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast