Thread: "Primal" cycling coach wanted page

mosesbernard is offline Junior Member

"Primal" cycling coach wanted

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a cycling coach that has some knowledge in the primal/paleo way of life. Not just in terms of nutrition, but also in terms of training philosophy (as I have a history of responding very well to very high intensity, low volume training programs). I am based in Tampa, Florida, and am looking to specialize in road criteriums and track events (nothing over 1hr).

If you know of anyone, you can reply to this post, or contact me at mosesbernard@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time,

Moses

PS: To those in the know, I performed very well in some Cat 5 races off of Carmichael's "Time Crunched" training program

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i honestly don't think you need a coach who eats the way you do. Coaching is a real skill that translates across many differences between coach and coachee. You just need a good coach. Ask some of your competitors who they're using.

simplyryde is offline Member
    Moses does have a point about a more primal coach. The cycling community is still based in the High Carb, High Milage mentality. I am a CAT 3 racer myself, and the only one on my team that does HIT, and strength work. Most competitve cyclists are concerned with riding a ton miles really fast. In the last year or so, I have switched to a more interval, and speed work. This has allowed me to stay competitive, while maintaining a lower volume.

Moses I wish you luck finding a coach. In the mean time, I have done Crossfit style workouts with interval and TT bike sessions.

Check out www.crossfitendurance.com for more guidance.

mosesbernard is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the guidance simplyryde. I will definitely check out crossfit endurance. Do you personally simply design your own training program?

Moses

simplyryde is offline Member
    I pretty much make my own training plan. I currently follow a plan similar to the crossfit endurance plan. Four cross training days a week, and three cycling workouts per week. I also limit my group rides to one a week. For years I just did group rides, while I did get faster, it came slowly with way too much time invested. Now I look for the max amount of results in the least amount of time.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i agree that the cycling community is as a whole pretty obsessed w/ carbs & pasta. That's fine w/ me. A few people on the group rides have asked me how i've lost weight. They are not too interested in further info when i tell them "no grains".

However, my coach never told me how to eat. He just gave me the workouts, which were mostly intervals, structured around A,B,C races. I'm having a hard time believing that there are cycling coaches that also give out a meal plan.

I was sending my coach power meter files, are there coaches that require meal diaries too? ha ha.

however, all that aside, i do happen to know a paleo diet cycling coach, pm me if you want the name.