Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how should i cook this ground beef page

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

that i got from the farmers market (frozen unfortunately, but grass fed, the whole yadda yadda)

and its good ground beef too

but basically I am uncreative when it comes to meals

lunch was some ground turkey with curry powder and a pepper and a tomato

dinner last night was a can of tuna and some vegetables (i'm a lazy college student, what can I say)

but since i paid a lot for this beef i better make good use of it and cook it in a way the taste comes through so... ideas?

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Meatloaf. 1 egg per pound of meat, and your favorite spices. That's it. Then form it into a loaf like shape in a pyrex dish (or use a loaf pan if you want I guess), and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Delicious!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

I made hamburger soup. I mixed pieces of a leftover pot roast in with some cooked ground beef and then added some sauteed mushrooms, onions and other veggies. I dumped in all the leftover oil / fat from the sauteed stuff so that the soup was nice and fatty!

Then you can keep the excess in your freezer and have soup whenever you are too busy to cook from scratch.

It's my saving grace when the toddler is hungry (he's so freakin' picky that he makes eating primal a tad difficult around him!).

maba is offline Senior Member

Or Kebabs. Chopped onion, ginger, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno; dash of cayenne and some cumin powder and/or garam masala. Mix it all up and shape them into oblong pieces and bake in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes. Flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes.

Vick is offline Senior Member

1 lb. of meat. Season to taste. Cut a zucchini into the hamburger. Mix in caserole dish. Place a lid on the caserole dish. Bake for about 45-60 minues at 350.

This turns out very much like a chili but the zucchini replaces the beans and tomato.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Make cauliflower rice casserole with it.

Fry the beef with some onions - season it however you want - make about four cups of cauli rice, and spread the cauli rice with the beef and onion mixture and some diced tomatoes in a baking dish. Top it with shredded cheese. Bake it at about 350 for about 30 minutes. It should be nummy.

You can add olives, celery, zucchini, crookneck squash, even mushrooms - this is a forgiving dish.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

tacos, sans the shells! with gaucamole and pico de gallo yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Okay, so I think Rick Bayless is the man, and I happen to have exactly 2 poblano peppers in my fridge... and I found this:

http://www.weheartfood.com/2009/06/q...beef-tips.html

I know that that is beef tips and not ground beef, but at least the general flavor ideas are there and I can modify how it gets cooked.... but what should I replace potatoes in that recipe with?

klcarbaugh Guest

I just make patties and fry them or barbecue... a little smoked salt and that's it. The more primal I become, the more I appreciate more simple foods and their unique tastes.

Oh, and you are another college student! Jess, AmyMac, and I are all in the same boat... midterms!! Yay my favorite! lol.

simplicity also goes well for laziness

pretty much everything i've been eating has been either raw or on the frying pan with whatever seasoning is on the counter because i am a bum... but at least its healthy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast