Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee? page 2

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bottom line seems to be, it works for some people and doesn't work for others. :P

You could try giving it up for a while, but don't sweat it too much if you go back on it.

I'd be more wary of decaf because of the additional processing, but maybe I'm just being contrary. Also be aware that decaf doesn't necessarily have NO caffeine, just LESS caffeine, depending on the process.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    switch to tea
    Depending on how its made, tea often has more caffeine than coffee.

I enjoy caffeine, it is a great little drug, helps me workout harder and gives me a nice mental boost when required.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I had to give it up cold turkey, because I've cut back ... lots of times. I always wind up drinking it all day long, even into the evening. It never seemed to give me a buzz (because the buzz was actually always there?). I had 3 days of headache and general blahs. Ever since, it's been emotional - I want the comfort of drinking my coffee, dammit!

If I hadn't announced to my team two weeks ago that I'd given it up cold turkey, I'd have fizzled by now and succumbed. I can't fail like that - their respect is too important.

But the depth of my desire for flavored water is telling ... especially since I drank it black.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    i drink decaf. coffee isn't healthy, it leeches minerals from your bones and is addictive and effects your adrenals. it isn't the worst thing ever, but don't tell yourself it is healthy.
    I'm pretty sure that was the donuts that people were dunkin in the coffee. That is not proven.

on a less snarky note, if you drink good coffee, made well, and without cream or sugar; it might actually be a good thing. It is in the same vein as a cacao. Caffeine in small doses (or large in my case) will push you through the fog. Just be smart about it, and don't over indulge.

prairiedog is offline Member
    Coffee is evil. People are so addicted to it though that they see no evil. Seriously give it up for two months, sleep more, switch to tea and you will realize it is just like any other drug people get addicted to. And let's not kid ourselves about the coffee being appealing -- coffee is just a delivery mechanism for hundreds of milligrams of caffeine. Oh it isn't? Why aren't you drinking your drip decaf?

coffee and chemical dependency == evil

I don't care what Mark Sisson claims! (he does after all want PB to be as easy to adopt as possible - ergo "dairy and coffee are ok")
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/AN01211

Tea can have just as much caffeine as coffee.
    Primal Living since Jan 4/11
    http://prairieprimal.wordpress.com

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is evil. People are so addicted to it though that they see no evil. Seriously give it up for two months, sleep more, switch to tea and you will realize it is just like any other drug people get addicted to. And let's not kid ourselves about the coffee being appealing -- coffee is just a delivery mechanism for hundreds of milligrams of caffeine. Oh it isn't? Why aren't you drinking your drip decaf?
    Dude, I find coffee absolutely delicious - and I only drink 1-2 cups a week. By all means, criticize caffeine addiction, but just because you don't like the taste, it doesn't mean that no one else does either! To me, it fits into the same tasty category as very dark chocolate, stouts, and nicely charred meat.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

driftpin is offline Junior Member
    Some studies have shown an increase of insulin resistance and glucose disposal with caffeine consumption.
    I try to ignore those studies, coffee is one of the last vices left to me.
    Last time I tried to kick it everyone decided I needed to be chained up in the root cellar like a werewolf during a full moon.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    I love coffee and it has nothing to do with caffine. Actually, I'm seeminglyy immune from caffine unless I have massive amounts. I just started drinking coffee in the last couple of years and wonder why I waited so long. I roast and grind my own beans. It's turned into quite the hobby for me.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind coffee, but too much too fast and I literally get anxiety and I start questioning every aspect of my life. That's not fun. In moderation (as in, every morning) I do like it.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I'm off to put the kettle on...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast