Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kay's journal page

Kay Exeye is offline Senior Member

Kay's journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi!
    i'm Kay, i'm 29 i live in montreal, in university studying human relations and possibly minoring in religion.i have a cute almost 3 year old little monster who keeps me busy when im not at school. since it's just my kid and me getting rid of all the non food products we had was easy.

i have been eating primal now for about month now and feel so much better even in such a short time.
    i wouldn't say i was eating SAD before, but i wasn't committed to being sugar or grain free, i just ate less than most people.

my hang ups right now are booze and dark chocolate. i think i will need to completely cut them out and then include them more moderately.

i woke up this morning feeling really crappy. i drank some wine last night and then smoked maybe 6 cigarettes which always make me feel like i am going to die the next morning. i don't know how i ever smoked before, if i even smoke 1 cig now i feel it the next day, how i used to smoke a pack a day amazes me. anyways i smoked 6 last night as the mood struck me and surely will not make that mistake again for at least several months.
    so i woke up and wanted to eat, like right away, which almost never happens.
    was pretty hungry to this was breakfast
    -3 eggs, scrambled with a small piece of cheese
    -roasted tomato soup i made the other day with ground beef in it.
    it doesn't sound like a lot of food but first thing in the morning it feels like it is.
    i have just run out of coconut oil so i need to go grab some of that this afternoon and will be making kale chips for later.

i can seriously eat an entire kale in chips no problem.

i have a pork loin sitting in my fridge which i ought to cook tonight. i just have no idea what to do with it.
    i'll find a recipe and report back on how it turns out.

pork roast = fail.
    epic epic fail.
    i cooked it even a bit longer than it said to, and it was still raw inside. ugh.

honestly if its not ribs or bacon or sausage i don't know how into pork i am. ugh

i ended up eating brussels sprouts with bacon and sausage for diner and it was really good.

i'll do an hour on the elliptical later and some floor stuff too, if my pounding head stops pounding.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome!
    thanks!

Ok so today was decent.
    10am Breakfast was 4 slices bacon.. err well 3.5 since the kid stole some and 2 eggs fried in the bacon fat.
    1 pm 2oz almonds- i dont really like eating so many nuts but i was out and they were in my bag.
    3pm around a cup of cottage cheese and left over brussels sprouts which were cooked with bacon
    6pm- roast chicken and cauliflower and broccoli cooked in chicken fat and some bone broth.

i made short ribs and tasted those a few times around dinner time.

Fat 63% Carbs 8% Protein29%
    1,627cals fat 116.8 carbs 32.6 protien 117.0
    this is as low carb as i get. also this is a middle of the road day in eating for me there are days i eat way more in cals and my carbs are closer to 75grams. there are also some days i eat much less than this but i usually would have eaten fruit throughout the day.

all that said i am going to probably drink a bunch of tequila very soon and screw all these ratios up. good times.

so i drank that tequila, which somehow lead to me drinking some sugary drink too.
    and now i have woken up feeling gross from the sugar.
    it's def not the booze but the sugar booze combination that kill me the next morning.

whenever this happens since being mostly primal (twice,including this time) i feel my sugars crashing in the AM when i wake up and need to drink some tomato juice to help level them out. granted this is was better then before when i used to wake up and drink a liter of apple juice but still its not the best thing.
    also i think i forgot to take my night time magnesium last night, which isn't helping.
    i feel like im addicted to magnesium (not seriously) it has changed my life so much and i notice it right away if i stop taking it and there is no amount of money in the world that could get me to stop supplementing. head aches gone, heart palpitations gone, more restful sleep, less trouble staying asleep, ability to fall back asleep when i wake up (sometimes the kid needs me), my mood is way better and i mean way way better.

ok so last night i made bone broth and short ribs. i cooked the short ribs in a big pot for a bit with some onion the added chicken broth(store bought no additives- all i had on hand) and added 3 big soup bones which i got from my butcher. i cooked the meat til it was tender enough for my liking and took it out and kept cooking down the bones. in the end i had SO much fat on the top. literally there was about a half inch of oil on the top. i had to cool it and seperate it because it was just way way too much and was like an oil spill in my mouth, not fun.
    i now have over a cup of lard in my fridge, so i guess i will be using this too cook with for a while. next time short ribs and soup bones will not cook down together, i think it's just too much fat for the size of the pot i have.
    I had a huge huge soup pot, but i used it to dye my clothes in, which was the worst idea and have no idea what i was thinking since making soup is my most favorite thing cook ever.

i am now going to talk myself out of eating a banana.

today
    breakfast was left over steamed salmon. (half a portion)
    then i had a the banana i talked myself out of eating the day prior. it was worth it.

nothing all day

then dinner time
    a handful of grapes
    the juice of a coconut and some coconut
    chicken/brocoli/zuchini/cauliflower coconut milk curry

and i just had some avocado and cucumber

it was long day. i felt like my blood sugars might crash this afternoon around 3 but i was ok until i got home and ate something at 6 or so. this is a HUGE improvement. i almost think i will not have to carry emergency sugar with me any longer. since i have been eating primal i haven't had my levels drop drastically or suddenly. (except for those times i drank too much)
    I want to try the whole 30. cut out all booze and dark chocolate and leave out dairy.

it is time for me to get into bed and watch season 3 of trueblood.
    oh and my friend is coming by tomorrow and taking all my grains and sugar and such.

AM
    fasted-25 min elliptical and situp/pushups/planks ect

currently making bacon and eggs. i need to use up this bacon.

dinner will be a steak and avocado.

dinner was in fact steak. i had avocado and cucumber and tomato in class earlier.
    i also had about 1/4 of a fresh coconut.

i walked to school as well which was about 30minutes in the snow but it was pretty mild out today so it was nice to spend the time outdoors without winter trying to steal my extremities.
    Last edited by Kay Exeye; 01-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.

yesterday-
    breakfast 3 eggs and sauteed veggies with some bacon
    lots of lemon ginger tea.
    i was out for coffee and was given a free potato thing. it was mashed potato inside and crispy something outside. possibly fried. anyways i wasn't really able to refuse without being rude so i took it and made my friend share them with me ( there were 2)
    dinner was steamed salmon with brussles sprouts and zuchini.
    too much 90% dark chocolate.
    went to the bar with some friends, drank 6 pints ate a handful of fries (more free potatoes)
    super bad cheat day but it was worth it as i had a blast.

today
    i'm a bit sick.
    so lots of lemon ginger tea with a touch of honey.
    3 eggs for breakfast with sauteed shredded cabbage
    lots more tea
    dark chocolate.
    dinner roast chicken and 3/4 avocado, cucumber, tomato and toasted pumpkin seeds

i really want to cut out the drinking for a month and see how my body does, i think the month of feb will be when i do that.

exercise is mostly the same stuff, sit ups, push ups, planks, air squats, elliptical, and lots of walking.

all things aside, i have lost about a few pounds ( i think i didn't weigh myself til recently because i didnt want to see anything that would make me feel bad) but my body composition has changed a LOT. everything fits better, jeans are looser and i'm feeling really good about myself too.

PrimalCon New York
    i'm sick.
    and i'm still going out for a friends birthday tonight. i never learn.

ok today i ate:
    breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, and a bit of steak.
    lots of tea throughout the day
    dinner was steamed salmon with asparagus on a salad of arugala and baby spinach topped with avocado, a small grated yellow beet and pumpkin seeds toasted in coconut oil. with a splash of acv.
    i'll likely drink a bunch of wine tonight.

i did a quick 20 min on the elliptical just to move a bit but my cold made it so that exercise feels crappy now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast