Thread: Gong Primal in Alabama page

putmama is offline Junior Member

Gong Primal in Alabama

Hey y'all! I'm actually an Oklahoma transplant, but my husband is from here.
    I want to be primal for lots of reasons, but mostly to drop the weight once and for all. I used to have a slammin' bod and didn't know it. (Ugh!)
    So - I want that back - and all of the good things that go with it.
    I have a husband of 7 years, and we have two sons 6, and 3. My hubby is a Level I certified CrossFit trainer and I have learned a lot about paleo-primal stuff from him. But I've been lurking on MDA for a long time, just as a daily reminder.
    I wanted to jump into the community here, so thanks for having me along! Grok on!

The Questions:

Your location: Birmingham Metro, Alabama, USA

Age (If you want):almost 29 (yikes!)

How Primal are you: fairly strict primal, starting Jan 10th

Do you consume dairy: only Kerrygold butter. My kids get grass-fed organic milk, low-temp pasturized, non-homogenized local milk. (No raw though. Bummer!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Time to feel good about myself, feel energy again, live longer

Favorite exercise: Well...about that...I'm not yet into the exercise. My husband does CrossFit and I wish I could go! (but we have young kids)

Favorite Primal food: meat! vegetables! I love it all.

Best part about being Primal: the energy and non-bloatedness!

Worst part about being Primal: defending my lifestyle/diet to people who just don't get it.
    Last edited by putmama; 01-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.