Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blah! Arg! page

Blah! Arg!

Primal Fuel
    So, I sat down to my lunch of lettuce topped with organic ground beef and avocado and looked at the can of Zevia (natural diet soda) I was drinking. I just learned that Zevia has 12 grams of carbs in it! I hadn't thought to read the label since it's diet soda.

I love Zevia. I'm not happy about this.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    don't drink 12 a day?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syracusedoula View Post
    So, I sat down to my lunch of lettuce topped with organic ground beef and avocado and looked at the can of Zevia (natural diet soda) I was drinking. I just learned that Zevia has 12 grams of carbs in it! I hadn't thought to read the label since it's diet soda.

I love Zevia. I'm not happy about this.
    Well, can you fit 12 g of carbs in a day? Really 12 g isn't that bad. What is your carb goal every day?
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Let this be a lesson to you. If it comes in aluminum or cardboard, read the label.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    What? Zevia has 12g of carbs in it? Not the ones I've bought. It says "naturally diet soda" on it even. Course... haven't had one in a while, but last I knew they were 0 calorie.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't even know what zevia is, but i suggest switching to unsweetened iced tea.

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i don't even know what zevia is, but i suggest switching to unsweetened iced tea.
    +1
    also water.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Don't drink anything from an aluminum can or a plastic bottle.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    What? Zevia has 12g of carbs in it? Not the ones I've bought. It says "naturally diet soda" on it even. Course... haven't had one in a while, but last I knew they were 0 calorie.
    Interesting. The site says "ZEVIA is 100% natural, has zero calories, zero net carbs, zero fat, and little or no sodium (depending on flavor)." Now, that looks great, but it says "net carbs." Not sure how that would differ from carbs, but it suggests to me there are carbs in it.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Being a former Atkins devotee IIRC "net carbs" are carbs actually used by the body so hypothetically a food/beverage could have 100g of carbs but of those 100, 24 could be "net carbs", the rest could be fibre hence technically carbohydrate but not metabolised to any extent by the human body.

So still carbs just not so many (apparently) that can raise insulin levels. I would be more coherent but have "carb flu" atm.

Could there be a sweetener in Zevia (ie stevia) that is a carbohydrate but not assimilated by the body?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast