Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human planet page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Human planet

Primal Fuel
    -- This is going to rule --

New series much like Planet Earth but about humans and their environment. Looks awesome. I'm a sucker for shows like this.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Yep, looks cool. Must see if I can find it.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    OMG, that looks awesome.

It startles us, I think, every time we get a glimpse of ourselves as a species of animal, as part of the ecosystem of earth. This reminds me of a recurring daydream I have of going back to university and studying anthropology, which means, "The study of being human." I can't think of anything more fascinating.

Thanks for sharing and if you catch the particulars for this show's debut, please do shout out!

PWG

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Anthropology means the study of humankind. The study of being human would be better called meditation.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    I do that, too! No wonder I'm interested...

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    This show looks fascinating. Lovely film work in the promo. One of my favourite classes in university was called "Human Geography" and I always remember something the professor said the real changing point from what I now think of as Paleo living (hunter gatherer) to today's modern living. He said humans are the most adaptive animals on the planet and that originally we learned to adapt to our environment better than any other species, which is why we have survived so long, but the big changes to civilization, human development and advancement, exchange of ideas and abilities etc started when humans became more interested in forcing their environment to change to suit their needs rather than changing their needs to suit the environment they were in. When I look at our modern world and all our health and environmental issues going on now I can totally see the chain of events leading to this mess we've created. It was an amazing class, would have easily gone hand and hand with an anthropology class.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    This show looks stunning. Will it be on TV? I want to watch it!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    that looks really cool! also, did you see that they're working on a sister production called "little human planet"? it's basically the same thing, but the focus is on children. then there was also the Babies movie.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    I've seen the Babies movie. It was okay.
    But Human Planet looks awesome!
    Annnnnnd this is why I'm an anthropology major. People are so adaptable and it always amazes me (especially when there is an underlying biological reason for the adaption... to prevent/fight disease, hack food for nutrition, etc.).

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i really wanted to see "Babies" but DH wouldn't have it. Now that he's reading more, he's seeing the benefits of having it. LOL oh yeah, she likes movies too!

this show looks cool, but i have to wait for DVD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast